Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

How much insurance coverage for award travel: SYD to SJC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much insurance coverage for award travel: SYD to SJC?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Yes, you get an Admirals Club membership with the AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite™ MasterCardŽ.

Travel insurance and emergency evacuation are provided only if you paid for the entire cost of your trip with your Citi card. Details of what's covered are available here: Travel Protection Benefits.
@TWA884 - thanks for the nice link.

Previously Admirals told me that with my 1 month membership, if I go to Qantas club with my boarding pass, I will get access. What is the deal with the Citi World Elite card? At Admirals club, I supposed to swipe the card to ensure my access.

Admirals closed now - reservation tells me that non-Admiral clubs are allowed if I have a 1st or biz class - was told 99% sure - anyone can validate this?

Does this card reimburse upto $100 worth of meal purchases on partner airlines?

Does this card have better coverage than Chase Ink Visa or Marriott Rewards Premier (Visa) ?

Last edited by sciconf; Feb 11, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by sciconf
@TWA884 - thanks for the nice link.

Previously Admirals told me that with my 1 month membership, if I go to Qantas club with my boarding pass, I will get access. What is the deal with the Citi World Elite card? At Admirals club, I supposed to swipe the card to ensure my access.

Admirals closed now - reservation tells me that non-Admiral clubs are allowed if I have a 1st or biz class - was told 99% sure - anyone can validate this?

Does this card reimburse upto $100 worth of meal purchases on partner airlines?

Does this card have better coverage than Chase Ink Visa or Marriott Rewards Premier (Visa) ?
The Admirals Club membership benefits, including those of the AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard holders, are exhaustively discussed in this thread:
Make sure to read the Wikipost.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
You really need to find, read and understand what is covered and what is not covered. Sadly, too many people just hear "travel insurance" and make lots of assumptions of what is covered.

As to getting insurance with travel awards, it is a challenge. For example, here is one policy I found:

"The trip was paid for in full including taxes and fees with your xxxx card"

One could easily argue that if you paid for PART of the trip with miles, you would not be covered.

Back to the OP - if you not want to provide enough details, then do not expect good answers.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Could someone clarify this:

I just have automatically upgraded to AA World Elite with $450 annual fee - Does it give free access to Admirals Club? How about travel insurance?
It is NOT actually.
I called to clarify this.
The upgrade is actually at MasterCard level - it is still a Platinum Select card and it says on the front.

I remember seeking in FT that others were making upgrade claims - misleading. So many cards, so complex life is!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I just have automatically upgraded to AA World Elite with $450 annual fee - Does it give free access to Admirals Club? How about travel insurance?
It is NOT actually.
I called to clarify this.
The upgrade is actually at MasterCard level - it is still a Platinum Select card and it says on the front.

I remember seeking in FT that others were making upgrade claims - misleading. So many cards, so complex life is!
The only card that includes a full Admirals Club membership is the AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite.
The Citi Prestige World Elite Card comes with Admirals Club access for cardholders in possession of same day boarding passes for American Airlines flights.

P.S. We have gotten way off topic here. For more information, please refer to the following thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.