Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Kit.com- recommend your favorite travel products!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass

This posting has been approved by Moderator Wharvey

The products and technology forums on flyertalk have changed the way I travel- I've gotten fantastic recommendations on travel SIM cards, Mi-Fis, phone networks, bags, rental car accessories and apps. The combined knowledge of this site's users and forum has saved me tons of time and money in finding exactly the right tool for the job, and made my trips easier and more fun.

I would love to get your feedback on a site I've been working on called kit.com for recommending products that you love and want to talk about. People are making kits about cooking equipment, beauty products, fitness gear, and of course, travel gear. One cool feature I think flyertalkers might be particularly interested in is that if you have an Amazon Associates US account, you can enter your Tracking ID in your user profile on Kit and you'll get affiliate revenue generated from amazon.com sales from your recommendations.

I'd love to hear this community's thoughts on how it could be improved. Feel free to reach out to me via PM or on this thread, or on the site.

Thanks again to the FT community, and to wharvey for letting me post this here. I hope you like it!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: EBG, Bonvoy Silver
I really like the idea of the website. I signed up and started to make a kit, but when I wanted to add my favourite bag to a kit (Tom Bihn Tristar), the site can't add it. I provide the link to the Tom Bihn website, as they only sell direct and not through third-parties, but it doesn't work.

This makes the site far less useful to me, and makes me think what other things am I missing out on that others couldn't post to their kits...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Originally Posted by Dwev
I really like the idea of the website. I signed up and started to make a kit, but when I wanted to add my favourite bag to a kit (Tom Bihn Tristar), the site can't add it. I provide the link to the Tom Bihn website, as they only sell direct and not through third-parties, but it doesn't work.

This makes the site far less useful to me, and makes me think what other things am I missing out on that others couldn't post to their kits...
Thanks for bringing this to my attention- we're definitely trying to expand the coverage of stores and brands that we support. We support most sites, but apparently there's an issue on our side where we're unable to read the tom bihn urls correctly. I'll let you know if I'm able to resolve this issue.

Thanks again- I really appreciate you checking out the site and giving me such specific feedback to improve the product going forward!

Last edited by InfoMofo; Nov 30, 2015 at 10:26 am Reason: grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.