Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage with easy maneuver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Luggage with easy maneuver

Hi all.

I need some advise on choosing luggage which is easy to maneuver even when it's full loaded. I'm a soft-case spinner luggage users but most of my luggages tend to fall forward or difficult to lug around when it's loaded, regardless it's the 27" cheap one or the 20" Wenger. I often see people lugged hard case spinner so easy as if it's empty. I'm not a fan of hard case, but getting tempted to get one, but wondering if it's really the advantage of a hard case or it's a brand/wheel quality factor.

Hope to hear some advise. Thank you.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by moccy20
Hi all.

I need some advise on choosing luggage which is easy to maneuver even when it's full loaded. I'm a soft-case spinner luggage users but most of my luggages tend to fall forward or difficult to lug around when it's loaded, regardless it's the 27" cheap one or the 20" Wenger. I often see people lugged hard case spinner so easy as if it's empty. I'm not a fan of hard case, but getting tempted to get one, but wondering if it's really the advantage of a hard case or it's a brand/wheel quality factor.

Hope to hear some advise. Thank you.
What type of luggage are you looking for?

Is it to be checked in the luggage hold or a carry on bag?

For a carry on cabin bag I definitely recommend a soft or semi soft sided roller with 2 wheels in International carry on size (21.5"(55 cm) tall including wheel and handle, 14" (36 cm) wide and 9" (23 cm) thick). Definitely be willing to spend some good money on your carry on since it is a very personal bag that you will bond with in a different way compared to checked in bags! I currently use the Victorinox CH 97 2.0 20 Tourist Carry-On purple color way that I bought new this year. I absolutely love it! Great looks, great quality and when using packing cubes can fit a whole lot for its size also like that it has hide away back pack straps that can be pulled out so that it can be carried as back pack, also the wheels have covers so that you do not get dirty on your back while wearing it as a back pack. Its telescopic single pole handle is also unique because it has a curve on it reducing strain on your wrist when pulling it and also makes it a little more comfortable when wearing as a back pack. Also when pushing in and holding the button on top of the handle the whole handle is able to rotate which makes it more comfortable when turning in tight spaces.

As for big size checked in luggage bags I would recommend a light weight poly carbonate hard side spinner in bright colors that will stand out on the luggage carousel. Not too expensive, just use and abuse them and buy new ones every few years. I buy a new one every 3 years. I would never buy an exclusive expensive checked in bag. My spending limit for those are $200.

To avoid luggage from toppling over always pack the heavy stuff towards bottom and rear part of the bag. Do not fill heavy items in the top or outside pockets.

Last edited by SkyForce6; Nov 19, 2015 at 3:20 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: I've lost count
I also prefer softside spinner luggage: small cabin bag, 20" carry-on, 22", 24". I can't speak to anything larger than that. Before I buy a bag, I load it up with whatever I can find in the store that will make it feel like a full bag, then roll it over various surfaces in the store to see how I like it.

With the intent of packing 3 weeks into a carry-on for a trip around Europe, I did quite a bit of research on luggage earlier this year and read a lot of reviews about bags tipping over. The two standouts that reviewers consistently said rolled smoothly and did not topple over, regardless of packing method, were [any] Briggs & Riley bags and the Victorinox Avolve carry-on and cabin spinners. Ultimately, I decided not to spend the money since I don't travel often and I've had no issues with my cheap Ricardo spinner luggage (I don't ever pay attention to weight distribution when packing). It performed very well, never toppling over even when loaded with an over-the-handle tote, and it rolled beautifully everywhere, including on the cobblestone streets in Rome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.