Community
Wiki Posts
Search

travel jewelry case?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster

travel jewelry case?

Can anyone recommend a good travel jewelry case? I'm looking for something small, but sturdy. I usually have a few pairs of earring and a few necklaces (so not much), but if I just toss them in my cosmetics bag they get tangled up or in the case of delicate earring, mangled. I don't want anything too bulky.

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have a couple I've picked up at TJ Maxx (leather and fabric) - typically the roll style since it takes up less space - but my past few trips I've just been throwing things into a lesportsac nylon bag. My "good" jewelry is usually in its own bag (I don't have "jewels" but I have a couple things I do bag separately).

I had a great one I saw on the Today Show last year pinned but dangit my search feature isn't working and I cannot find that now. I don't own that one but I liked that it had snap out bags so you could put a different pair of earrings in your purse (if you wanted to swap out day/night without going back to your hotel). I'll post if I find it.....
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I recently switched to this one:

http://www.ebags.com/product/lug-lif...hdr_srch_as_l1

It has a couple of little snap-out bags like Hoyaheel mentions and it holds a ton of stuff, if that's your thing. It also doesn't take up a lot of room and doesn't look like a jewelry holder - it looks more like a regular little makeup bag.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:37 pm

It depends on how much you're carrying, but something like Hudson + Bleecker or Laura Merkin's jewelry case should work.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
For most travel, I just use the roll-up silk ones that have a zipper pouch for earrings, brooches, and rings, that you can get in Chinatown in San Francisco, Chicago, NYC, etc. Though there are a couple of sizes, the little one I have isn't big enough for my bulkier necklaces. For those, I use an old leather amenities bag from Lufthansa (those were the days!)
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:35 am

It depends on the trip as to which one I use. I have one made by ebags (looks to be discontinued now) that is good for a few pairs of earrings, a few necklaces, but isn't very good for chunkier necklaces or bracelets. For longer trips and cruises where I take a few more things, I just picked this up at The Container Store . You can remove the center pouches that are snapped in.

My mom also has the lug jewelry clutch and likes it.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/trav...uctId=11001550
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: US Gold
Baggallini has a (soft) circular drawstring pouch that has little pockets all around the inside. I use it for a small digital camera and store the SD cards in the pockets, but it's intended for organizing jewelry.

wg

Last edited by wendyg; Sep 6, 2015 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:12 am

Dear HDviaFRA,
I've used Silk Jacquard jewelry case. As you said I think it will be appropriate for you.
You can search on the Internet, there are a lot of store sell it, let compare their price and then make you dicision.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by wendyg
Baggallini has a (soft) circular drawstring pouch that has little pockets all around the inside.
My MIL made one like that for me many years ago - I don't like it for travel (it's not really secure for small objects like stud earrings) but I love it for home storage for stuff I don't wear often - keep it in a drawer.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
I was given a beautiful penhaligon red leather case for my 40th birthday. It has special places for rings andearings plus a place for necklaces. Only use it for "real" jewellery and have a small pouch for costume jewellery. I also have a nice penhaligon travel clock with small jewelry box underneath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.