Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Illuminated Travel Clock Recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Silver

I've done some forum searching, but can't find a clock recommendation that fits my needs.

I'm looking for something compact, battery operated, and stays illuminated at all times or when it gets dark. I've found plenty of travel clocks that you need to tap to turn on the backlight, but I'm looking for one where I can just turn my head and read the time.

I'm sure most will come with an alarm, but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. I also realize that staying illuminated all night will hog the battery, but I will only use it 2 weeks at a pop.

I've had a digital that you needed to tap to illuminate and that was a pain. I've also had an older clock with glow-in-the-dark hands, but it's difficult to ready when half asleep.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:44 pm

I no longer bring a travel clock. I now use a clock app for either my iPad or iPhone. I use Red Clock. On the iPad I can see it across the room without glasses. Big Clock3 is another favorite.

Shak
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by Shak51
I no longer bring a travel clock. I now use a clock app for either my iPad or iPhone. I use Red Clock. On the iPad I can see it across the room without glasses. Big Clock3 is another favorite.

Shak
Thanks, but the iPhone and iPad stay at home when I travel internationally.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:37 am

Look for e-ink alarm clocks. Something along the lines of this:http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/26/aclock/
https://hex3.tilt.com/aclock-the-fir...ed-alarm-clock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.