Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a great bag for ERJ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
Looking for a great bag for ERJ

I fly a lot of the small regional jets (the 1-2 seat config) and my roller always gets checked....its a 22X14X9 but does not fit.

The bag MUST:
- Fit in ERJ145 bin
- Fit 3-4 days of dress casual clothes with packing cubes for 6'4 250 lb
- Fit size 12 shoe
- No Wheels

Does Not:
- Need to have laptop as I will carry it in separate bag

Considering all options and was looking at Aeronaut 30 and 45 but thought the 30 may not be big enough for capacity and 45 would not fit in bin potentially....without seeing them it is hard.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:41 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Take a look at this thread:
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:36 am

I would also recommend reading through What's the *largest* rolling luggage that fits overhead on a CRJ200?. Personally, I pair a rolling briefcase with an eBags Weekender Junior backpack. I've never had an FA or GA require me to gate check either one, both fit on the smallest Dash prop planes, and the rolling briefcase gives me a good base so I don't have to carry anything. A
Travelon bag bungee Travelon bag bungee
keeps the soft bag on the roller while walking.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:00 pm

I have the TB tristar which is similar in dimensions to the A30 but is 3L bigger. I've never been asked to check this one before and it will fit in the overheads for any of the ERJ's I've flown on. It always fits under the seat though that could be more problematic for someone of your size; i'm 5'10. It has some advantages over the A30 as you can use the full length as there are no end pockets to compete with. The tristar is good for clothing and flat items but doesn't work well with odd or large objects given its layout. The shoes could be problematic. I don't have an A30 or A40 but its my understanding the Tristar is a bit more rigid but it does expand and contract a bit. This just means it may be harder to squeeze into a cramped space when fully packed.

Another option might be one of the Eagle Creek carry ons. I have an EC adventure weekender (ECAW http://shop.eaglecreek.com/ec-advent...der-bag/d/1200) and they just introduced a tarmac and flyte option also. While similar in dimensions to the Tristar, it holds quite a bit more as it can expand more and is much less rigid than the tristar. This is a plus and minus as its easy to overpack now. When underpacked, it tends to flop around though. I use the Tristar mostly for 1 bag travel (clothes, laptop, accessories, etc) for upto 2 or 3 nights. For longer trips, I tend to use the ECAW for just clothing and such; laptop and such are in a separate bag.

Last edited by hachkc; Aug 24, 2015 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
I tend to stay away from the rolling brief cases because i don't like carrying my laptop in them when i get to my destination....i have a small TUMI bag that I use for that.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
I love my Patagonia MLC---It fits on any RJ. No wheels and super light weight. I can easily take it on a 1 week trip and have done 2 weeks. Perfect for 3-4 days.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
A moderately loaded Red Oxx Air Boss or Sky Train would easily meet those requirements. I'm not 6'4", but I do wear a size 12 shoe, and I easily fit my workout shoes, workout pants, 4-5 days of dress casual, underwear and the like into either of those bags and can put them in an RJ overhead. In fact, you can easily fit that in one side and the middle of the Air Boss and leave one side completely empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.