Latest Suggestion for Computer Roll On

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Team Elite Plus, Lufthansa Senator, BA Sliver, Hilton Diamond VIP, IHG GOLD, Marriot Gold

Hi All

there is some old stuff on this on the forum but I am sure new products and experiences are out there so I thought i would ask again.

I travel a lot - my typical rig looks like a computer bag with wheels that sits on top of a roll on. I need both as I go away a week at a time and I cannot fit everything into one bag - plus I want the smallest roll on computer bag for the daily trips into the office and so I can leave the other bigger roll on, with running gear and toiletries etc. in the hotel room. I find most computer roll ons too big and when you pair them you get this giant combination that tends to attract attention and the insistence that you check one in (I hate checking bags). I currently have a 55cm tall tumi roll on (21 inch) and on top of that a computer roll on bag called Titan - this is is slightly wider than my roll on and about as fat - I do not need it this wide nor this fat but I cannot find a smaller roll on computer bag. Any suggestions for a roll on computer bag - smallest lightest possible that can take a 15 inch computer? Needs to be hardy as I walk a lot (hence why I do not want a carry on - straps tend to crush your suit :-( )

ps a few years ago I found a system where you could zip a bag onto your computer bag - but it was too bulky and constantly tippled over.

thanks
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Thinking laterally, with no specific suggestions, would two bags without wheels paired with a trolley work for you?

You could use the trolley for the stacked combination or just the single bag for office trips.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Team Elite Plus, Lufthansa Senator, BA Sliver, Hilton Diamond VIP, IHG GOLD, Marriot Gold
Thanks Man Pax actually have tried that in the past - just looks a bit clumsy and unprofessional. I am a c- level person and when I travel to offices around the world I want to look polished - those trolleys and their straps always look cheap. I did look at some computer bags (they tend to be labelled as "ladies") where the trolley unclips - they were quite good except for the ladies part... I guess the baggage industry feels a computer bag need to be of a certain size to warrant wheels. Obviously not a lot of people like me that want a really smart - small bag - but that also like to walk long distances where carrying the bag or having a shoulder strap that crushes your suite is nto really an option.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:38 pm

Have you had a look at the Briggs & Riley KR250X?

Rolling computer bags are likely becoming a thing of the past as computers get lighter and thinner but I still use one and love this one in particular.

Last edited by bagobsessive; Aug 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: AA CK Hilton Diamond
Take a look at the Everki Journey.

http://www.everki.com/products1/brie...artment-detail
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by skirabbit
Thanks Man Pax actually have tried that in the past - just looks a bit clumsy and unprofessional. I am a c- level person and when I travel to offices around the world I want to look polished - those trolleys and their straps always look cheap. I did look at some computer bags (they tend to be labelled as "ladies") where the trolley unclips - they were quite good except for the ladies part... I guess the baggage industry feels a computer bag need to be of a certain size to warrant wheels. Obviously not a lot of people like me that want a really smart - small bag - but that also like to walk long distances where carrying the bag or having a shoulder strap that crushes your suite is nto really an option.
IMO, it's hard to look too polished with a rolling computer bag of any size.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
The problem with wheeled computer bags is some Regional Jets make you check any wheeled bags. I'd hate to have to check a bag with all my valuables.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.