Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spAir Tray testers wanted

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Looking for a few SWA very frequent fliers that prefer the window seat to try out a new product, the spAir Tray, as mentioned on Flyertalk 4/21. Check it out @spairtray or spairtray.com
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List+/CP, Hertz Pres Club, Marriott Platinum
I fly SWA frequently, I would be willing to test this out!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Independent
Out of curiosity - what is special about SWA windows that make this product work?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

spAir Tray

Originally Posted by Cloudship
Out of curiosity - what is special about SWA windows that make this product work?
SWA flies only 737s. I've only experienced 3 window frame variations on swa but essentially the same width. Some other planes have wider windows so an adjustable back plate is necessary to use the spAir Tray. SWA good for testing utility since one size tray will fit all the planes. Plus swa is just a great company.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by spairtray
Looking for a few SWA very frequent fliers
"WK" and "Very frequent fliers" do not really belong together, unless you are looking for masochists...

just sayin'
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:27 am

Do you have approval from SWA for this trial? I would guess that it would have to be removed for takeoff and landing and eventually approved by the FAA at some point.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Checked it out with the FAA office in Sacramento. They said they have no issue with it and it is up to the flight crew. So far the flight crews have been very enthusiastic about the spAir Tray. Haven't heard anything from SWA yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.