Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viral Video: Green Folding Suitcase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Viral Video: Green Folding Suitcase

I know it's not much to go on, but I've seen this video pop up on my Facebook feed a few times, and there is never any brand reference, but the video seems to be marketing a new or soon to be released product.

It appears to be an accordion style hard shell bag that opens up to a vertical tower with multiple shelves you can place clothing, shoes, misc. items, even hang a suit, then the shelves and the top part of the bag collapse into a flat space that appears to be almost carry-on size (at least in the USA).

Has anyone else seen this video, and is this a real product?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Duh...another minute of searching and I would have found it:

http://www.fuguluggage.com/

Appears to be real, and just funded on kickstarter
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Interesting. Love the wheels.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:09 pm

Nice video. This seems like a good bag for people who live in small homes and have no storage. It's 2 bags in one. You have the choice of either the big or the small bag.

But for the situation where you come home with more stuff than you left with - don't most people just put the stuff in a shopping bag? Or you could ship your items home.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Independent
Interesting idea on expandability. Most luggage seems to expand in thickness, which is usually the least flexible dimension.

What I want to find is something that expands in length a couple of inches. some airlines allow 22 in carryons, some now 24in. Or in width, as some are 14in, some are 15in or even 16in. If I am going to move up to checked baggage I am going to use a checked bag that provides better structure. What I carry with me on a trip doesn't vary much during the trip, but what I take with me on each trip could vary.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I posted a good question on the company's Facebook page about this bag - from the video it appears you can expand it, fill the shelves with a reasonable amount of clothing, then squish it down to carry-on size...but reading deeper into their website text information, it also appears to be an either-or bag, meaning you either pack it as a carry-on clamshell (a little clothing on either side of the bag, then close it) or as a checked-bag in it's upright configuration.

The latter is useless to me because I don't check bags and I already have a bag to pack clamshell style, but the former is incredibly helpful given that it automatically optimizes the packing process and if you don't overstuff the shelves, allows you to fill the entire bag in a vertical manner and collapse it down, squeezing everything inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.