Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

travel insurance with cancel for any reason?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:46 am
Original Poster

any recommendations for a cheap travel insurance that lets you cancel flights for any reason?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:26 pm

Here is a good site that has that option.

http://www.insuremytrip.com/
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I'd just buy refundable air tickets. If they charge to a fee to cancel, it might still be cheaper than insurance and definitely less of a hassle. Either way you'll have to pay for it, so why bother with the insurance for this purpose.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Cheap and "for any reason" don't work well together.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alphaod
I'd just buy refundable air tickets. If they charge to a fee to cancel, it might still be cheaper than insurance and definitely less of a hassle. Either way you'll have to pay for it, so why bother with the insurance for this purpose.
already purchased the tickets
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Cheap and "for any reason" don't work well together.
maybe not usually but i definitely remember seeing a good option but just cant locate it now
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Good question - I was wondering exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago. One thing to consider... if you do have to cancel your tickets, most airlines will give you some form of travel credit, valid for one year. So if you know you'll have another trip coming up in the foreseeable future it might be an acceptable option to you... (I know it is to me)
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Keep in mind that most policies required purchase within 14 days (or less) of ticket purchase in order to get Cancel For Any Reason coverage.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
Originally Posted by Viperml
Here is a good site that has that option.

http://www.insuremytrip.com/
I have used this site before and it was good!!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You might find better rates on cancel for any reason rates on an annual policy versus for just one trip due to adverse selection and moral hazard concerns.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
I am going to go with what some others said, if you are that concerned about it then get refundable tickets, or see if the airlines has the cancel for any reason with their travel insurance. You are not going to find an insurer that is going to sell you 'cheap' travel insurance that lets you cancel out with them on the hook for any reason, and I think the closest you would get is a difference pay out, i.e., they give you the difference in the change fee, or maybe a fare difference to rebook but surely not the entire cost of the flight.

-Patrick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.