Luggage brand of your choice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage brand of your choice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by kyee
Briggs and Riley for me. I've had to use the warranty once recently, and it was a breeze to get it fixed.
Same here after 20 years of mainly international travel.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
I've had good experiences with Samsonite Bags. If you shop around, you can get them for a fraction of the retail.

I've always been wondering if Rimowa bags are worth the extra $$. Would definitely be cool to have one of those aluminum carry-ons!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
IT Luggage has lasted me 3 international and domestic trips a month for the last 1 1/2 years. I expect it to last a lot longer.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Rimowa is my favorite right now. Helps that the local repair center is close and pretty helpful. Only takes then about five minutes and I've got new wheels, locks, etc. stuff that's likely to break. All free and they don't even check if it's in warranty or not. I love the double wheels on the Rimowa cases; always solid and smooth rolling.

I have a couple Tumi pieces; also good warranty except I have to send them in and takes about a week. I don't like the wheels and the handle on some pieces are kind of flimsy. But otherwise quality pieces.

I have tried Victorinox; broken pieces and warranty is pretty lacking.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: UA premier, plebeian level
I love my Briggs and Riley (22" but w/expando zippers). It's tough and they came through on the warranty when I had a broken wheel. But I also have a 15 year old TravelPro that I trot out for short trips. It has no bells or whistles but it's the perfect size for 1-2 nights and it just keeps on working. My husband has gotten a remarkable amount of mileage from his Rick Steves bag.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
For domestic flights, I use a TravelPro Crew 10 Expandable Rollaboard Suiter. Standard 22x14x9. Great for the domestic weekly travel I do.
http://www.amazon.com/Travelpro-Expa...dp/B00KS7U2EO/

For international flights, I picked up a Briggs and Riley U420XW about 3 years ago at Costco. 20x16x8. I know they've been replaced with a different line, but they sell it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Riley-E...dp/B002WG5M6W/

Both have suiter compartments, which I like for my dress shirts.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Briggs and Riley for me. Been getting some Travelpro lately and having good luck, but it doesn't have near the miles on it my B&R gear does.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
Briggs & Riley for me. Just love the quality of it. I use the International Wide Body Carry-On Spinner.

Just a tad big for some overhead compartments so I end up checking it from time to time. However, it fits great in the big bins in the KLM Cityhopper planes when flying within Europe so there's no need to check them there.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BAEC, SPG, Global Entry
Another vote for Briggs and Riley from me. In the interest of full disclosure: I only check it about 10% of the time.

However, the surprise MVP in the family luggage collection is the Pathfinder roll-aboard (expandable) that my husband bought nearly a decade ago. It's been all over the world, checked about 1/2 of the time, and it's still going strong.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
B&R....
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:02 am

B&R, Redoxx, Eagle Creek and Ebags.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
I used to love Samsonite. Then I bought some of their Silhouette 11s a while back, and every time I got my luggage back off the belt at the airport, one of their flimsy zipper pulls would have snapped (they have a "space frame" design - what were Samsonite thinking??) So I looked elsewhere. I now have a Travelpro Marquis spinner (cabin size) that is super light and surprisingly durable, and recently got myself a Rimowa Salsa (I wonder if I picked up on all the subliminal advertising in this forum )
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Soutwest, United
I feel the same way standing around the carousel. They're obviously not frequent flyers. They get in the way and you have to ask them to move to get your bag.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta, Soutwest, United
Love my Andiamo. Yes, it is well made. Just bought a new piece and bought a Travelpro after talking to a flight attendant friend of mine.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:09 pm

My Choice: TravelPro Platinum (now replaced with Platinum Magna)

1. MUCH cheaper than Briggs & Riley and Tumi
2. "Worry Free Warranty" (B&R add total replacement, Tumi is 5 years)
3. Almost very flight attendant and pilot use TravelPro

I used to use the TravelPro Crew Series but stopped because they carry a "Limited Lifetime Warranty". They will NOT cover normal wear and tear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.