Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Rimowa Topas Shop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Ascotshoes
Go to Koffer 24 - http://www.koffer24.com/shop/en/brands/rimowa

Free delivery to anywhere within the EU for purchases over €100
I have a friend who will be traveling to Germany next week. Would I be able to order a Topas 82L from this (or any other website) with my credit card, and shipped to his name and hotel in Germany, with the necessary paperwork for a VAT refund when she leaves? Or would we have to actually put it on his card instead?

How complex is the VAT refund paperwork? How much time would he have to take at the airport, and will he be able to use the newly purchased Topas as his check-in? Does he receive the refund in cash, or does it go back to my card?

Is there anywhere that I could find a brief walk-though of the entire process?

Thanks.

Last edited by slowmail; Jan 23, 2015 at 12:51 am
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

I picked this Cabin Multiwheel IATA 55cm Topas for £360 GBP exc VAT.
http://www.koffer24.com/shop/en/brands/rimowa

I got the 19% German Tax back within 3 days after quoting my company VAT number. And they gave me an extra 10% off because I work for one of the major German Banks. Works out to be about €460 Euros.

Thank you for the very useful info!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: One World
If the item being shipped internally within the EU (Including your friends German hotel) I don't think they will deduct the 19% VAT off.

If they do, it's done within 3-5 days. I paid using Paypal, and received an email within 3 days to say there will be a €95 credit back to my PP account.
A couple of days later, my luggage arrived in the UK. Totally efficient service
from a German provider.

At check out, I gave them my UK VAT registration number in the comments box and my employee German Bank discount code to get the extra 10% off.

The Cost = €609
The 10% Employee Bank Discount = €548
Less the 19% VAT = €460

= £360 GBP. Sweet.

I told my local UK Rimowa supplier and they couldn't believe how much!!!
Given the weakness of the Euro, they say it's close to their "cost" price
Not sure I buy that. But I know it's a bloody good deal for me.

I have another 3 Topas cases on the way :-)

Originally Posted by slowmail
I have a friend who will be traveling to Germany next week. Would I be able to order a Topas 82L from this (or any other website) with my credit card, and shipped to his name and hotel in Germany, with the necessary paperwork for a VAT refund when she leaves? Or would we have to actually put it on his card instead?

How complex is the VAT refund paperwork? How much time would he have to take at the airport, and will he be able to use the newly purchased Topas as his check-in? Does he receive the refund in cash, or does it go back to my card?

Is there anywhere that I could find a brief walk-though of the entire process?

Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:54 am

Ordering at koffer direkt is cheaper because there usually is a 10% discount voucher available for this shop.

You can find the current discount discount code for koffer direkt here:

http://koffer-fuer-handgepaeck.de/%E...ms/2015/02/16/

Due to popular demand I posted an English version of the post. My English is not pefect, but hopefully easier to read than google translate.

Last edited by germandude; May 23, 2020 at 11:41 am
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:04 pm

Lightbulb

Currently, you can even save more when ordering from koffer direkt as there is 15% discount code available:

http://koffer-fuer-handgepaeck.de/ko...-discount-code
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:33 am

You cannot get the tax back for ANY online purchases. It is only for in store purchases.

not that it matters, it's still a good deal
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by germandude
Currently, you can even save more when ordering from koffer direkt as there is 15% discount code available:

http://koffer-fuer-handgepaeck.de/ko...-discount-code
Thanks so much for posting this. BTW, I was using my iPad and somehow cannot see the discount code, but on my laptop, I got the discount code which is 'koffer1170315' (without the quotes) for everyone's convenience.

Since the website is in German, I had asked some silly questions but have since gotten answers for all of them myself so I am putting them here for everyone's convenience:
1. The price shown on the koffer-direkt website after you go there from the URL provided by germandude does NOT reflect the 15% discount! Once you put the item in the shopping cart, you can apply the discount code at checkout, and the sweet price will show up!
2. The website mentioned FREE delivery for orders over 20 euros, and that's for Germany. For delivery to France and certain other European countries, it's 5 euros
3. For delivery to the US, it looks like it's 50 euros, but you will likely need to pay for customs and duties

Thanks again for providing the discount code. I will be buying a Rimowa Limbo Multiwheel IATA Cabin shortly

Last edited by sapguy; Mar 23, 2015 at 11:09 am
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
Thanks so much for posting this. BTW, I could not find the discount code when I click on the link 'Show discount code + open shop website' - what am I doing wrong?

Since the website is in German, I was not sure about a few things:
1. Does the price shown on the website after you go there from the URL you provided already reflects the 15% discount! or will the discount be applied at checkout?
2. The website mentioned free delivery for orders over 20 euros, but I'm assuming that's for Germany. Does anyone know how much for delivery to France? CHECKED further and looks like it's 5 euros, is that correct?
3. What about delivery to the US? Not sure that I'd want to do it because of customs & duties, but it's good to know CHECKED further and looks like it's 50 euros, is that correct?

Thanks again for your insight
No company in Europe will ship Rimowa to America, this has been covered in other threads.

Also, some people (that ordered before Europe stopped shipping Rimowa to America) had to pay customs and duty.

If you want to purchase this in Europe, and claim the tax back, it must be a store purchase, not online
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by nmh1204
No company in Europe will ship Rimowa to America, this has been covered in other threads.

Also, some people (that ordered before Europe stopped shipping Rimowa to America) had to pay customs and duty.

If you want to purchase this in Europe, and claim the tax back, it must be a store purchase, not online
Actually, koffer-direkt will ship to America for a flat fee of 50 euros, but I may have to pay for customs and duties so probably not worth it.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
Actually, koffer-direkt will ship to America for a flat fee of 50 euros, but I may have to pay for customs and duties so probably not worth it.
Really? They must've changed it. In the other threads, they cancelled any order to America that contained Rimowa. All other products they ship.

If you order Rimowa through them, they may cancel it, as Rimowa doesn't allow their suppliers to ship from America

Seems they're still not shipping Rimowa to America - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24551483-post199.html

Last edited by nmh1204; Mar 23, 2015 at 11:17 am
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by macdeth
Thank you for your reply. I've just pulled the trigger to make payment for a topas.

Minus the 19% VAT since I'm from Singapore and an additional 5% when paying via bank transfer, the topas now costs 40% cheaper compared to the one I bought for the missus locally. Hours of searching for a German online store that ships to Singapore really paid off.
I am in Singapore and would like to ask which site you got your luggage from. Any tips would be helpful.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:07 pm

http://www.koffer24.com/shop/en/cms/shipping

*due to legal licence regulations, companies are not allowed to ship Rimowa products to the countries marked
Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by aeroFlyer
I guess I need to fly to Berlin! Is that the price with tax? Can a no EU shopper get the tax back?
Yes you can, and departing Germany is the easiest place in the EU to do tax back. Just go to the BGS counter and they will put it on your credit card. Much easier than France, where you have to use La Poste.

Originally Posted by YKF
Dont forget the global blue paperwork
Or whatever company the shop you are buying from uses.

Originally Posted by R7U
Most Rimowas are made in Czech Republic. Czech currency rate is also pretty good right now, so I believe it is good to buy them in Czech Republic from the factory store.
Actually, tons are made in Canada now.

You cannot get the tax back for ANY online purchases. It is only for in store purchases.

not that it matters, it's still a good deal

Actually - they don't charge VAT if it is going out of the EU. Further, if the value is within your duty free allowance and you have traveled out of the US within the requisite time, they won't charge duty.

There are European companies that will ship it.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Ex. Plat, United Plat

I picked this Cabin Multiwheel IATA 55cm Topas for £360 GBP exc VAT.
http://www.koffer24.com/shop/en/brands/rimowa

I got the 19% German Tax back within 3 days after quoting my company VAT number. And they gave me an extra 10% off because I work for one of the major German Banks. Works out to be about €460 Euros.

I've done the same last week, had it shipped by koffer to Spain and picked it up in Madrid during my visit.

Now I am reviewing the Warranty booklet and it says "5 year warranty woldwide except US and Canada"? Did I get screwed? Did I just buy a 550 dollar piece of luggage not covered by warranty in the USA?!

Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Ex. Plat, United Plat
Warranty in US for Rimowa fro koffer

I just bought a piece while in Europe, ordered from Koffer. Looking at the brochure, it says "warranty 5 years word wide, except US and Canada". I have not seen anybody mentioned that! Does it mean my piece has no warranty since I bought it at Koffer!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.