Tumi @ up to 45% off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi @ up to 45% off

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Tumi @ up to 45% off

Just a heads up for people in Germany/the UK, BestSecret has a sale of Tumi with up to 45% off. There's plenty left. BestSecret is like Secret Sales and Brandalley in that it's a members only (free sign up) discount sales website - I'm only aware of it from the Amex Platinum gift voucher last year. Seems a lot of it hasn't sold out and some good bargains to be had in comparison to the duty free prices I've just compared them against.

Hope this isn't against forum posting rules but figured there'd be some interested people.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:02 pm

Thanks. Seems an invite is required though to access BestSecret - anyone has an invite?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Pm me and I'll send you one over.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
When you buy online from 3rd parties, do you really know what you're gettting?

Hello,

This sounds like a really good deal and thank you for posting about it. Now I may derail things a little...

I live in BKK and see stalls of Tumi and Rimowa luggage (and Rolex watches for that matter) at the various local markets around the city. Factor in my tale about the person I met a few weeks ago that was buying LV Knockoffs to take back to America to mix in with her real bags for resale and I'm starting to look at the world as a more sinister place. (I remember hearing something about one night in Bangkok making a hard man humble...)

So this got me thinking about the large number of counterfeits I see on an almost daily basis in my city and now when I even look at the "real" stores in our upscale shops, how can I be certain even they are genuine?

Lately, there's all these online discounts and it has me wondering about the validity of all these "web specials" one sees these days. Given the anonymity of the interwebs, and the situation now has another layer of ambiguity. When you read the reviews on Amazon these days, a number of people complain about how quality has dramatically declined in recent years and I'm wondering how many of these people may have inadvertently bought a "JJ Market" special through these third party sellers (whether intentionally or not)?

Does anyone with experience with older, verified products ever run across anything that is such inferior quality it could only be counterfeit? How does one protect oneself when shopping for specials online?

Thanks,
DirtyDan

- please note: this is NOT an attack on BestSecret, but rather a general question about the global marketplace we live in these days -
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
There's really only 2 answers:

1) Buy from a LV store
2) Demand that the used bag have all original packaging and receipts

The above is true whether it's bags, watches, or whatever. While it's case-by-case, if it's someone you don't trust with #2 and something seems off, run.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:56 am

Anyone else have an invite?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

There's another sale coming up in a couple of days. Let me know if you want an invite.

My Andersen commuter bag turned up recently and its fantastic. Got it for £167 and its £345 in Selfridges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.