Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B & R U116

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:18 am
Original Poster

I will. Thanks, again, to all who chimed in.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hyatt, SPG, Marriott
I use almost the same setup at thegasguru, but I needed a bag smaller than the U116. I was also looking for a mostly-under-the-seat bag, and I ended up with the B&R Rolling Cabin Bag from their Transcend line.

On the CRJs, I put the RCB and my Aeronaut in the overhead, but this is because I always seem to be the only one on the plane with more than a handbag. If I needed to, I think I could get the RCB under the seat. I always put the RCB under my seat on larger planes. I am short so I often use it as a foot rest (while wearing socks not shoes).

The RCB is not perfect, as the top of the bag is rounded. This makes balancing my Aeronaut somewhat more precarious, but a bag bungee seems to do the trick. If I am not in a suit, I am often wearing my Aeronaut as a backpack, and the RCB is small enough to hand carry if needed.

Hope that helps.

rgustafs
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Bought this bag also and found it would be very difficult to maneuver under seat in coach. In biz it should work fine under seat. I've answered my own previous question about using it as a personal item. It really works instead of a larger wheeled carry on and is too big to use in conjunction. I plan to use it with my handbag as the personal item when I check a 24in. bag.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS
U116

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Looking forward to hearing how things worked out.
I just picked up the U116, but will not use it for a couple of weeks. I intend to use it only on regionals and in the bins. Does it have to go wheels out?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by kp333
I just picked up the U116, but will not use it for a couple of weeks. I intend to use it only on regionals and in the bins. Does it have to go wheels out?
Yes, wheels out. Fits in there like a glove, so if you have it over-stuffed, you might have to wiggle a little to get it to slide all the way into the bin. But I've never had a problem.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS
u116

Originally Posted by thegasguru
Yes, wheels out. Fits in there like a glove, so if you have it over-stuffed, you might have to wiggle a little to get it to slide all the way into the bin. But I've never had a problem.
Thanks thegasguru. I am looking forward to trying it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.