Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

I tried ordering a Rimowa Salsa Deluxe and have it shipped to the US but I got an email from them that they no longer sell Rimowas to the US... Here's what they said.

"Thank you for your order.

We are sorry to inform you that we had to cancel your order as we do not sell Rimowa anymore to the USA or to countries that have Rimowa distributors. "

Did anyone else get this? I'd really like to purchase from them since it's significantly cheaper.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:44 pm

I got the same email from them his morning. Yesterday they emailed trying to confirm credit card/ID info. Guess I will have to look elsewhere.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

is this like a hit or miss thing? I've read some people on FT order within the last few weeks.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA, United
Rimowa may have started to enforce their agreements recently (like 8/15 last week).

Although Rimowa having a retail channel in the US (there is now one in SF as well as the previous locations) makes this sort of thing more likely.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
This is bad news. Are there any major online retailers left in Germany that ship to the USA?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:19 am

Bad news indeed. 0 for 3 for me. Koffer24, Koffer-Direkt, KofferProfi all will not ship to the states. Looks like I'll have to buy it from a store when I'm next in Europe and go through the VAT refund scenario.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:05 pm

There's also koffer-to-go.de – perhaps they are smaller than the others and haven't been forced yet to restrict sales to the US/Asia yet. There's a coupon code that is valid until the end of August for 60€ off orders of 300€ or more: News4
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by smotchx
There's also koffer-to-go.de – perhaps they are smaller than the others and haven't been forced yet to restrict sales to the US/Asia yet. There's a coupon code that is valid until the end of August for 60€ off orders of 300€ or more: News4
Looks like they stopped it also. There's no USA option when you go to select your country at checkout.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:45 am

kofferprofi just canceled my 2 Topas check in. So disappointing. .
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:56 am

I ordered a Topas 73 from KofferProfi on Monday earlier this week, and from the tracking status it's on the way to Hong Kong. But I heard Koffer-Direkt has stopped shipping to HK.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Somebody in Germany could do tremendous business by shipping Rimowa luggage to FT members if they could manage to prove they're exporting all of them (VAT).

On a side note, what are the closest countries (or cheapest countries from DE to ship to) that wouldn't be subject to VAT and/or does anybody have a recommendation for a forwarding service in that country? At that point even the forwarding company's markup is still much cheaper than USA retail...
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:55 pm

Follow up: KofferProfi did, apparently, ship my order (placed Aug 23) today. Got DHL tracking info...

Also, anyone know how long Germany to East Coast USA is likely to take with DHL?

Last edited by DC777Fan; Aug 26, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:33 am

@DC777Fan, good news for you! Would you mind sharing how you placed your order with KofferProfi? I'm wondering if you have to do direct bank wire in order for them to ship. And also order only items in inventory. (and I also used their 11% discount code which is good for August.) I had ordered the Topas IATA cabin trolley which is on back-order so they cancelled it saying they do not ship to the USA.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:10 am

Sure... I ordered a Topas cabin multi-wheel which came out to around USD 640 including shipping... $340 off the USA retail price... and paid for it with my Chase BA Visa.

I did not use any discount codes and used Google Translate to guide me through the checkout process as I don't speak German. I also didn't notice any indication of where it mentioned whether something is in stock or not, but I wouldn't have been looking for something like that.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by EWRorJFK
Bad news indeed. 0 for 3 for me. Koffer24, Koffer-Direkt, KofferProfi all will not ship to the states. Looks like I'll have to buy it from a store when I'm next in Europe and go through the VAT refund scenario.
I did not buy but did go through a partial checkout process with kofferprofi and they permitted me to enter my USA address? Did I miss something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.