Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ordering Rimowa from Koffer Direkt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by dko3tgk
If Rimowa has told all their German retailers that they can't sell outside of Germany, it's only going to be less likely that you'll be able to get it shipped to the US in a month. I already felt like I snuck it through while the policy is still new, as other posters above had their orders cancelled.

There's alot of threads and older posts about Rimowa from Germany. My two previous Rimowa from Koffer24 arrived in 1-2 weeks, with no damage and no customs to NY. Do a search on everyone elses similar experiences.

Yeah, I've got the "late to the party" feeling and it's possible it'll become the "missed the party" feeling. Oh well, there's always the upcoming trip to Europe where I can check out the Rimowa hands-on.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:49 am

Just to follow up, the order I placed Wednesday evening with Koffer Profi, arrived in the UK this morning. Very pleased apart from the fact that they didn't include the free "Rimowa drawstring" bag with the order, I was hoping to use that as a dirty laundry/shoe bag. Never mind, I can't really complain since the window is closing on international orders...
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:18 pm

I would send them an email –.I'm sure they'd simply post the missing bags to you ^
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:30 am

I'm travelling to London this fall and wondering if I should make a side trip (2-3 days) to a neighboring country to see some sights as well as buy some Rimowa.

I know Germany is going to be the cheapest but I've already been to Germany several times. Can anyone confirm if the following countries have comparable pricing to Germany for Rimowa?

Paris
Amsterdam
Milan
Prague
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I ordered the wrong one somehow... but it came today. Somehow I seem to have ordered the 2 wheel IATA cabin trolley when I wanted to order the cabin multiwheel 56. I'm still not convinced that this was not their error, but what can you do?

I ordered the 56 and recorded the entire process.

If anyone in the DC area is interested in the Topas IATA cabin trolley, send me a PM.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat
After seeing DC777Fan's post, I went ahead and ordered my Topas from Kofferprofi on 8/26 and did not use a coupon. They shipped it on 8/28 and it arrived at my house in California on 8/31. Super quick. It came with the drawstring bag as well.

Last edited by projectalpha; Sep 3, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Just received my Rimowa Classic Flight two wheel IATA. From Koffer Profi.

Ordered on 30 JUL. Received in NY on 5 Sep. Under one week. Impressive.

it's just too bad the window on ordering Rimowa for alot less from Germany is nearly closed.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:21 pm

My Topas IATA arrived today in Billings, MT. Ordered Aug 30th, arrived in New York Sep 5th, here today! Wow, impressive delivery considering the labor day weekend.

My free shoe bag was hidden under the cardboard padding, not in the case itself.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:13 pm

Maximizing profit is why

This is the way marketers extract maximum revenue from their various geographies. Economists call it "rent". They want to maximize profit in the value chain between design and final purchase, so they restrict competition wherever possible.

To get better value for your money, you cannot shop around for their product; you must buy an alternative product. And they try to convince you that alternative products are inferior.

The Rimowa and B&R purchasers are sheep to be shorn.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 12:02 am

Hi Gorploaf -

An educative and instructive post.

My suggestion all these years is to deal with the growing number of Rimowa stores, unless of course one is travelling to Germany, where one can save considerably.

There are alternatives still available in obtaining a better value on Rimowa, B&R and any luggage item one desires. Just don't expect it to be handed to you, but look around, think it out, and make it happen yourself.

Do I detect a slight hint of envy within your post ?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Gorploaf
This is the way marketers extract maximum revenue from their various geographies. Economists call it "rent". They want to maximize profit in the value chain between design and final purchase, so they restrict competition wherever possible.

To get better value for your money, you cannot shop around for their product; you must buy an alternative product. And they try to convince you that alternative products are inferior.

The Rimowa and B&R purchasers are sheep to be shorn.
Same argument that has been applied most widely with Apple. But it goes way back to the introduction of luxury goods.

What you do not mention is the consumer's freedom to choose. No one is being forced to purchase Rimowa or B&R. From what I gather on FT, it is an educated choice after some considerable research.

To each his own.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Swissaire

Do I detect a slight hint of envy within your post ?
I hope not. Luggage is just a way to bring laundry long distances. The engineer in me wants to do that efficiently in time & money.

Broken luggage wastes time and money. Overpriced luggage just wastes money. Dysfunctional luggage wastes time, and therefore was a partial waste of money.

Finding the sweet spot is what I'm after. Fashion is definitely not one of my criteria.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:11 pm

Strangely enough, many decades ago Rimowa was looked at differently.

I was told the alu cases were " utility boxes, Bundeswehr cargo cases, " and " ugly. " When the polycarbonate cases arrived, the view was not much changed.

When I bought our first Rimowa alu carry-on cases, I was asked " What ? When did you quit being an Engineer and become a German Accountant ? "

Times change, but that 1993 carry-on case continues to work very well.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:38 am

Going through customs at the airport today, the officer made a comment about my "industrial looking carry on." Rimowa Topas Cabin Trolley...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 1:16 pm

Anyone happens to know the price for the model below in Paris?

Rimowa
77x51x27 cm
Salsa Multiweel
86973 Prosecco

I am going to paris soon, so I really hope that someone can help on this. Appricated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.