Reload this Page >

Least Expensive Passport Photos.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Least Expensive Passport Photos.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 3:30 pm

I took them myself, made correct white balance and created a 4 x 6 picture at high DPI using photoshop. Then printed those 6 for $0.20 at CVS!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I generally just pay @ Fedex to have them done. I don't have the time to mess with it rejected if it isn't perfect, and my company pays for them anyway.

I have had to do a few "passport photos" for other things - such as photo on my credit cards, for those I've taken the picture myself in front of a white wall and cropped it, never had a problem.

The link that someone above posted to the government website crop tool is a great asset if you choose to do them yourselves.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: WN A-List
I did mine this year at Walmart. I believe the pictures were under $10. Not worth the hassle IMO to try to do it yourself.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I do mine at COSTCO as well. Easy and they are done properly.

I always carry extras when traveling.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wrenb
I have another vote for epassportphoto.com. I print mine at Walgreen's since I don't have a color printer, but it is still only $0.29. That site is a boon for dual nationality households like mine. I found it when I needed passport photos for the baby. We put him on a white sheet and shot photos until we finally got one at met the standards.
+1 ^

I used this for my last two visas-- one for China, one for India. Came out great and cheap (<$3).

The app sounds intriguing though, probably would make it even easier since I wouldn't have to spend time cropping etc.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by tom911
Not in Northern CA - $15 here. I had my last set for a China visa done at Costco. $4.99 for two photos there and I had them in about 30 mins.
http://calstate.aaa.com/travel/resea...-photos-at-aaa
OTOH, if you happening to be visiting in an AAA area where passport photos are free, you could get it there for free as well.

SoCal AAA member ($8 for passport photos in SoCal AAA), walked into AAA Alabama when I was there on a business trip, and they gave me my passport photos free. ^
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:21 pm

Mine cost $.29 for multiple photos (I usually I get 4 or 6 picson a 4X6 print and I trim them w/scissors. I take them myself or have hubby/friend use my camera--follow all the regs for background, size, etc. I process the pics at Kroger or Walgreens, etc. Several leftover for visas, etc. I recently did crew China visa and passport renewal, keeping 2 extra photos for emergencies while traveling. Simple and cheap.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by pilotspouse
Mine cost $.29 for multiple photos (I usually I get 4 or 6 picson a 4X6 print and I trim them w/scissors.
I travel to cheap Asian cities often enough and stock on pp/visa photos there, so no experience with this process. Can you get the edges straight enough with scissors? Do photo places have proper cutters - well, I am sure they do for their own use, but I mean for customers' use?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by maize&blue
For my last two passport renewal/applications, I took the photos at home and printed them on photo paper with a color laser printer.

And, yes, if you're going to do this, just follow the instructions.
I'm guessing this should also work if I scan one of my visa service photos (which I know are acceptable) and print out at home. The cost of the photo paper is less than what I pay for the photos now.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by transparent
+1 ^

I used this for my last two visas-- one for China, one for India. Came out great and cheap (<$3).

The app sounds intriguing though, probably would make it even easier since I wouldn't have to spend time cropping etc.
+1 more for epassportphoto. I could not find anywhere near me who would take a photo for a NZ passport (the photo has to be on a non-white background, which turned out to be impossible, plus the size is very different). Hubby took a photo of me with our digital camera, and I uploaded to epassportphoto. Photos came quickly and were accepted without question.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
The Costco in the DC area (Arlington, VA, next to the Pentagon) charged $5 for 4 photos.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lithdoc
I took them myself, made correct white balance and created a 4 x 6 picture at high DPI using photoshop. Then printed those 6 for $0.20 at CVS!
+1 for the DIY method. I printed mine at Rite-Aid. Order online and they'll be waiting for you to pick up in a few hours.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:05 am
Suspended

you can get 4 photos from http://www.expresspasspics.com/ for less the 10 bucks

They allow you to take pics from your camera too. or upload one. They also check it for passport requirments, even removed red eyes on mine
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:02 pm
Suspended

One more endorsement for Costco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.