Wiki Posts
Search

Victorinox Werks 4.0 26" Wheeled Duffel at Costco

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat, DL PM, Avis First, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold

I just picked up a Victorinox Werks 4.0 26" Wheeled Duffel at Costco in Ft. Myers, FL last night for $89.99. This is a good looking bag (available in both black and emerald at my Costco) that typically costs > $300. This bag also comes with the "Carry with Confidence" warranty which covers defects AND common carrier damage for the life of the bag. I don't know which other Costcos are carrying the bag, but, at this price, it's worth checking.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Originally Posted by cjspeake
I just picked up a Victorinox Werks 4.0 26" Wheeled Duffel at Costco in Ft. Myers, FL last night for $89.99. This is a good looking bag (available in both black and emerald at my Costco) that typically costs > $300. This bag also comes with the "Carry with Confidence" warranty which covers defects AND common carrier damage for the life of the bag. I don't know which other Costcos are carrying the bag, but, at this price, it's worth checking.
Yeah, that's pretty amazing! Do you have an item number so we can look it up on the "new items in the warehouse" page?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status

Thanks. I am going to check this week!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:23 am

Great find, OP - the Costco item is 676341, oddly displayed on costco.com under the "jewelry" section, but the description is "VICTORINOX 26" DROP BOTTOM WHEELED DUFFEL". (I guess Victorinox also sells watches, so maybe that's why it's in oddly classified.)

At the South SF costco, they only have purple/black, so maybe the color selection is store-specific. Also, at my store it was only $79.99.

Last edited by flyermatthew; Aug 12, 2012 at 7:05 pm Reason: Update with new info after trip to Costco.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
How do you look up store-specific inventory?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
How do you look up store-specific inventory?
You don't get inventory, you get item introductions. For each warehouse, costco.com has a "new items in the warehouse" page that tells you what is new this week. For example, here's the page for store 422 (Airport Blvd in South San Francisco):

http://www.costco.com/InTheWarehouse...aspx?whsNo=422

If you want to look up an item number to see where it's being introduced, use a google search restricted to costco.com. For example, this query will search costco.com for the string "676341".

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=676341+site:costco.com

It's important to note that this is a "new items only" search. The first week something appears, it will show up on the page. After that, the item may still be in the store, but it won't show up on the new items page.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, United
picked up a black version of this at Danville/San Ramon CA costco today. they had emerald and black as the color choices.

Still debating on whether or not to keep it but it looks great.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:32 pm

I'm usually a 2-wheeled upright rather than wheeled duffel person when I checked bags, but I've never given much thought. What are the advantages of the duffel rather than a comparable upright? (I could post this elsewhere, but if I'm decide that the duffel has it's advantages, then I'll likely try to pick one of these up.)
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, United
Originally Posted by oshelef
I'm usually a 2-wheeled upright rather than wheeled duffel person when I checked bags, but I've never given much thought. What are the advantages of the duffel rather than a comparable upright? (I could post this elsewhere, but if I'm decide that the duffel has it's advantages, then I'll likely try to pick one of these up.)
I am trying to answer the same questions. I grabbed one because I no longer have a bag specific to being checked. My last duffel (frameless Eddie Bauer) got caught in a bit of machinery and had a 10 inch long slit in it; so I am hoping that the frame is going to prevent this sort of negative outcome (and it does have a warranty that cover that) in the future.

For $89 it is a super steal.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by brentley
For $89 it is a super steal.
And if it's down to $59.97, which is the price I saw at the South SF Costco last weekend, it's a super-duper steal!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by flyermatthew
And if it's down to $59.97, which is the price I saw at the South SF Costco last weekend, it's a super-duper steal!
It's down to that in my Costco too. I saw a whole pallet of them shrink wrapped on the upper level shelves a few aisles over, so I don't think they are going to run out anytime soon.

Ended up not getting it, because capacity wise, it seemed smaller than the equivalent height 2 wheeled upright. But I can seem to find a capacity specification for it anywhere. Any ideas of how the capacity compares?
When we check luggage lately, a size we can pack to the weight limit seems ideal. It also seems less than ideal to carry something on top of it - mono-pole and narrow width seems like a balancing act waiting to happen.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:05 am

price drop on the duffle bag

I'd been considering this bag as a Christmas gift for a friend, but had to think about the $79.00 price. When shopping at SSF Costco last night, the price of the bag had dropped to $39.97! Almost 2-for-1...I got 2! They're available in red/black; black/black; and emerald/black. Not sure if they're available at the Airport location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.