Wiki Posts
Search

AyeGear - Travel / Gadget Clothing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
AyeGear - Travel / Gadget Clothing

Some of you's may find this helpful - especially if you stay in Europe/UK, as items are shipped from UK.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
So it's a clone of the original (and best!) Scottevest?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: OnePass, SPG
It may be a Scottevest rip-off, but that AyeGear 22 jacket is pretty slick. I love my SeV cotton hoodie, but I find the rest of their gear isn't the most fashionable clothing. This one looks like it's cut a little slimmer than, say, the SeV Revolution. That could be a problem, though, if suddenly traveling with your gear pushes you into the "fat guy in the little coat" territory.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Geodesy
It may be a Scottevest rip-off, but that AyeGear 22 jacket is pretty slick. I love my SeV cotton hoodie, but I find the rest of their gear isn't the most fashionable clothing. This one looks like it's cut a little slimmer than, say, the SeV Revolution. That could be a problem, though, if suddenly traveling with your gear pushes you into the "fat guy in the little coat" territory.
I have to agree, it does look like its a little nicer of a design then some of the scottvests. Anyone have one and can comment on the quality?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: Hilton H, Le Meridian
Was just about to create a new thread but luckily i searched!

I bought the 22 for Christmas and thought i'd give it some time before i give my thoughts on it.

Delivery:
Arrived promptly, next day service even although i opted for standard mainland UK delivery.

Quality:
Actually (surprisingly) nice. There weren't many reviews on it when i purchased it, so it was a bit of a gamble. I believe as this was a 'new' range, they obviously didnt have testimonials for it. They have a few up now on the product page. Anyways back onto the product - Its got a great feel to it both externally and internally. We had a bit of snow and rain so i did take it out on a few occasions and it passed in terms of the water test! The sleeves are padded so you do get a bit more insulation. The styling is simple - I asked a few people and asked them if "i pull out an ipad from my jacket, what would you do". They wouldnt believe me at first but then i whipped it out - jaws dropped.

The best part I guess was during my travels over christmas. i no longer need to worry about emptying out all my pockets at security. i cant recall of clearing security this quick ever (i do travel a fair bit). initially i thought they would ask me to take my macbook air out the pocket and place it on the tray but no it was fine.

One of my friends did buy a vest from sev a few months back, i personally amnt a vest guy (dont think any scot is due to the weather!). I just found the overall quality of the ayegear better in terms of warmth and comfort - each to their own. oh and, they dont have the wiring system so a downer on that aspect - not too much of an issue for me.

Will report back here should I need to update anything.

Safe flying!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: Skywards
just found this 'unloading' video on google - tis well insane ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8bqrRayhPo
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:30 am

We wanted to jump in on the interesting discussion going on here. Someone brought up that AyeGear knocked off our original vest, which unfortunately is true. Please see the whole story here: http://www.scottevest.com/company/ayegear.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.