Wiki Posts
Search

Leather / Canvas shoulder bag / satchel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Leather / Canvas shoulder bag / satchel

Does anyone have any suggestions for a neat-ish leather and/or canvas messenger / shoulder bag?

I'm looking for something that will fit under a Y seat and have enough room for a small laptop (13' mac-air), ipad and a change of clothes. It has to have a handle and a strap and be smart-ish.

I've found these but if anyone has any suggestions then please let me know.

Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Duluth has some great looking bags. I'm craving a few but don't need anything right now so I'm not buying anything. Yet, darned if I didn't find that link for you pretty quickly
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:42 pm

Millican Stewart Courier

I just bought the Stewart Courier by Millican. It's a UK brand that makes solid bags. I love the bag and it's very sturdy.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Nice "murses"
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Check out J.W. Hulme and Duluth Pack, both in Minnesota and USA-made.
J.W. Hulme
Duluth Pack
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:29 pm

Filson bags might work as would some bags from Waterfield Designs, in particular the Cargo bag in the large size. Both are good quality bags made in the USA
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
We own several Timbuk2 messenger bags, they are very good for our needs and easily stuffed into the 22" carryon if needed. For short trips, a slim TB2 backpack is what I use sometimes.
Check them out on the website - shoulder strap & carrying handle, some are TSA Checkpoint friendly with the flap (unzipped) and padded. I use a slip case for the Sony Viao - lifetime warranty & it can be easily factory customized ... not just for bike riding or subways/trains - choose a dark & solid color combo for a more 'pro' look. Checkout the "Uptown" model, newly released & look very similar to my discontinued one.

Last edited by Letitride3c; Mar 7, 2015 at 10:13 am
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Price range is pretty important in answering this question

If price is not of consideration, and you want leather, this is the place to buy your bag from, and they have several options, but the classic in L or XL will fit your needs.

On the other end of the pricing situation these guys (Amazon link) make some decent stuff, in both leather and canvas.

Good luck!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by OnTheRoad99
Filson bags might work as would some bags from Waterfield Designs, in particular the Cargo bag in the large size. Both are good quality bags made in the USA
I am a huge fan of Waterfield Designs. The product quality amd materials used are outstanding and the customer service is better. The Cargo bags are great messenger bags but they have other designs as well. I have the large and small cargo and a number of other bags and sleeves from them. The large cargo is my current daily briefcase and personal item while traveling.

A few years ago I ordered a laptop sleeve from them and they shipped one in the vertical rather than horizontal configuration. I called to find out how to go about switching them. Gary, the owner, answered the phone. I told him why I was calling and he checked the order and said, yes it was a mistake and apologized. He said they would get me a return shipping label and I should ship back and they would send the new one. I told him that was a problem since I needed it for a trip I was leaving on in a couple days. So he changed plans and told me he would FedEx the right bag to me that day so I would have it for my trip and I should send in the incorrect piece when I got back from my trip. That is customer for life customer service from my standpoint. And again the quality is just incredible. Really over built in terms of sturdiness.

I also have a few Timbuk2 bags as well. I haven't dealt with them as long as with Waterfield but so far do like them. I have classic messengers in a few sizes (after Christmas sales)
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Southwest Zone C, Howard Johnson Platinum, Costco Business Member, Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by OnTheRoad99
I second Waterfield!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.