Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Can you name the best garment bag for crease free suits???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Emirates Gold

Hi folks, brand new to this site. A fellow frequent flyer told me about it...somewhere to learn the trade!

I'm sick of using the terrible garment bag inside my Victorinox 22" carry-on. i've used the same on Briggs and Riley. the suits come out a mess...and i'm never in one place long enough for it to get drycleaned.

What would you suggest is the best type of garment bag - one that is carry-on, lightweight and just means my suit is in decent condition at the other end???

thanks in advance.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Jack,

That makes two of us as I'm new to FT aswell.

I actually faced the same issue for years and have literally been through dozens of garment bags?

How many suits are you carrying and are you predominantly short haul or long haul?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Hi DC,
nice to hear someone has the same problem. I am carrying 1 or 2 suits. i am both shorthaul (around Europe with BA) but also long haul (emirates) to Asia and then short haul within asia pacific (CX or whoever). i like to carry-on my bag. hate queues.

options anyone? i'm looking for the best spec bit of kit here.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:07 pm

Jack,

I've just been having a conversation with a colleague of mine who spends half his time in the air. He's our top sales rep and always looks his best so I though id ask him what he carries.

He mentioned a brand called LAT56 which originate from Scotland, I've never heard of them before, he picked up one of their products called the Red-Eye (i think) in Selfridges about a year ago. He swears by it and is bringing it in tomorrow to show me. He does a lot of travel with easyjet and Ryanair (corporate travel budget cuts) and he liked it because it can carry a suit crease free (he testifies to this) and 2/3 days clothing, carry-on approved a swell for the no frills airlines in Europe.

It gets better...he also mentioned that he follows LAT56 on twitter and Face Book and they have just posted a 50% off code as an xmas promotion ive just double checked this and the code is 'FRIEND50'. Ive seen other members posting codes so I don't see any reason not to post it.

let me know how you get on and if that code works

DC
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Hi DC again - very intrigued - what's the web site? I am in the UK just now so could get this delivered here. did your friend buy in the USA? they sell online in both? I am coming to NYC soon.

cheers
Jack
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:25 pm

jack

just double checked and its www.lat56.com

when i see my colleagues product tomorrow ill make the call on buying one but with 50% it seems a worthwhile offer

DC
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

hi DC, 50% off? the case looks friggin awesome. the www.lat56.com/products/Red-Eye is the one your colleague has? this comes with a suit packing system? and he said it keeps it crease free? jeez...what have i been missing?

turn heads in T5 anyway with this bit of kit. i'll stand by for your recommendation and make a purchase.

does anyone else have any other suggestions for garment bags???

thanks in advance
Old Dec 15, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
By no means as sexy as the LAT56 (I'm interested but I'd want to see one for real), you could look at the Skyroll.

I have one and pair it with a small roller briefcase for RJ carry-on. It's pretty functional, it rolls the suit so creasing isn't an issue, packs quite well. Also, very easy to carry compared to a traditional garment bag. Well priced @ $129 at Men's Wearhouse.

From a style perspective, it's kind of 50/50 for me. My main roller is an Andiamo (has been for 20 years) and, while there's nothing wrong with the Skyroll, it's not an upscale piece. Before I bought it, I looked at the LAT56 and liked the looks but the prices were high for something I couldn't see in-person. At the Xmas sale prices, it may be worth a flier.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
To avoid creases, avoid sharp folds. Pack a suit around other things. William Palank demonstrates in his packing video.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks JMN57, I've had a look at the skyroll too. hmmm, not convinced by it, either in looks or performance. It looks a bit like a poster tube. I'm all for the lifetime guarantee with the lat 56. plus its proper carry-on size....www.lat56.com but they have a us site us.lat56.com i've noticed has it on a Christmas discount - $395 down to $295... might just have to ship it inside the states!!!

thanks for recommendations...

PS ive tried the suit packign methods, they never work for me...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:04 am

Jack,

yes 50% off but my wife sent me an e mail yesterday from a online flash shopping site and it has the LAT56 Red-Eye on promotion with 60% off (UK Only) so that's £250 down to £99.99 which is £25 cheaper than the brands facebook page offer. I've taken the plunge and asked my wife to tell santa that's what i want for xmas after seeing it in the flesh yesterday.

my colleague had his red eye in with him and i was thoroughly impressed, i keep a couple of shirts by my desk and a suit so i made the point of trying it out and it looks great, everything fitted in including my I pad and a few office accessories. looks like its perfect for a 2/3 day trip and at that price an absolute steal. Its on the high Street for £250.

Also yes, it comes with a suit packing system which looks the part and is high quality.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Poster

hi DC - do you have a web link for the fllash site sale offer if you dot mind? it would be most appreciated! great bargain that is. job done for me then. I was going to purchase from us.lat56.com for the special xmas sale price of $295 but this at under a 100 quid is a steal.

does anyone else own a lat 56? i just followed them on facebook - www.facebook.com/lat56 and it appears that have a lot of other bags coming out too. looks awesome.

thanks in advance for link DC...and thank your wife!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:28 am

jack,

good point i should have posted that on my last reply. Ok so just checked my e mails and its KGB UK

you then need to take the voucher to http://www.lat56.com/products/Red-Eye
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

DC - it is done! one www.lat56.com red-eye on its way and in time for Christmas too...! thanks for your help again mate.

I also noticed on the FB page - www.facebook.com/lat56 that for US orders you can use the code FRIENDTW for 50% off!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:43 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Disappointed that someone who managed to place their product in Selfridges needs to stoop to this level.

Pathetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.