Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Accessory to make a backpack able to attach to luggage handle??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accessory to make a backpack able to attach to luggage handle??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Question Accessory to make a backpack able to attach to luggage handle??

Anyone seen this available somewhere? I like my swissgear maxxum for flights to hkg but even though it has a top strap by the upper handle for this purpose it slips either off or down when sitting on my osprey vector because there is nothing to attach to the luggage handle on the bottom. Would love to find an add-on strap for this purpose. Alternatively I'd be open to suggestions of laptop backpacks that come with this feature. Bbbbbuuuuuutttt I hate all black backpacks so nothing that's boring and monochrome...

I've been looking at the north face surge as I like it's look but it doesn't appear to have a luggage handle pass through.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Will this work? Reviews are good. I stumbled on it by accident and am considering getting one myself.

http://www.magellans.com/store/Lugga...iesLA147?Args=
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
This looks neat. Too bad it prevents opening the laptop bag, contrary to the classic straps.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I simply cross straps diagonally over the handle - small backpacks hold quite well.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:21 am

doesn't work well

I have the bungee and find it does not hold the backpack well on top of another bag. The picture shows a bag with a solid bottom that woud fit well in any case -- I have a large daypack that is used as the personal item when we travel and it always falls off the carryon -- additionally the straps do not hide so they are always in the way. I have been looking for a replacement but it holds so much stugg really well that I have yet to find one.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA GLD
I have a swiss gear backpack from Costco, which has a strap on the bag that can slide on the handle of the carry on.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bence_Coronation
I have a swiss gear backpack from Costco, which has a strap on the bag that can slide on the handle of the carry on.
Mine has this too but the bag tends slip down or sideways. I'd love to find either a good looking backpack with a more functional strap or a way to add a second strap at the bottom.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by cdale600
Mine has this too but the bag tends slip down or sideways. I'd love to find either a good looking backpack with a more functional strap or a way to add a second strap at the bottom.
I'll try to find the product link. but mine hugs the handle pretty tight. so tight that i have to struggle to remove it from the handle.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:42 am
Original Poster

No I think ours are similar. Mine is difficult to remove as well. But unfortunately one tight attachment point at the top when the backpack is heavy doesn't keep it from sliding. I wonder if I can sew a strap to the bottom where a waist strap would be.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by cdale600
No I think ours are similar. Mine is difficult to remove as well. But unfortunately one tight attachment point at the top when the backpack is heavy doesn't keep it from sliding. I wonder if I can sew a strap to the bottom where a waist strap would be.
could be possible, i never had too much weight in the bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.