Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best sleepmask in the world

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I was on the site reading about the Sleep-on-it mask when I got a phone call. When I returned to the site, the price had gone up from $22.97 to $27.97.

UPDATE: I returned to the site via the link above and got the $22.97 price again. Plus the free shipping.

I ordered this sleep mask and will report in after I use it a few times.

Last edited by oldpenny16; Dec 16, 2012 at 7:21 pm
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by voyageuse
I'm trying to find a seller that will ship to canada without charging an arm and a leg for the Bucky 40 blinks mask
. I've seen them in TKMaxx in Florida, and also in UK. Price in Florida was $5 and I can't remember what it cost in Uk but I think about £4.50.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:04 am

I have to say I really like the idea that it also covers the ears! Thats fantastic! (If it actually works?)
Wondering about the velcro strap and the color/outside material though? Looks a bit cheap-ish but hey, nothing is perfect
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll let you know how it works when I get a few sleeps with it. My new sleep mask is already in the US Mail to me.

Noise is as much an irritation to me as light especially when I have noisy neighbors on planes or in hotels.

UPDATE: My Sleep on it mask arrived with extremely fast shipping. It is well made and comfortable with just enough protection from noise that you can rest easy but will still repond to a fire alarm or a ringing phone.

Works well for me with my masses of hair and my bald husband is comfortable with it as well.

The is a zipper at the top so you can remove the memory foam insert and machine wash the exterior parts.

The royal blue color works for both men and women. There is no discomfort from the overlay of the Velcro.

With a slight variation in the length of the straps and an increase in the amount of foam, this general style could also work to ease low back discomfort when flying in economy.

Although the mask looks large out of the package, it is light in weight. There is no pressure on eyes or nose.

Last edited by oldpenny16; Dec 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:55 pm

Wink

When I am on a long flight, I put on my eye mask from Burt's Bees (no longer made unfortunately), my Hearos ear plugs, my back buddy from Eagle Creek, my Travel Nook neck pillow and I am golden.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:21 am

These are great !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o02_s00_i00
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Sleep on It mask has plenty of light blockage as well. See my review a couple posts above.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:04 pm
LPR

Best sleepmask I've ever used is the expensive model at brookstone. It's got the memory foam all around the eyes, (does have a velcro at the back, but it's rather thin), and is great. You can fully open your eyes, but yet is still pitch black. 10/10
Old Dec 20, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We had a horrible loud wind storm last night. I was able to get some sleep thanks to the My Sleep on It mask as it cuts down on a lot of the noise without being dangerous in case you need to wake up.

My husband has the Brookstone memory foam mask and the Velcro scratches his bald head!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UPDATE to my UPDATES:

Have been getting remarkably good sleeps with the My Sleep on It mask. I think the combination of comfortable blocking of light with equally comfortable blocking of some noise makes a huge difference.

I've slept through both noisy wind storms and hours of neighbor's dogs barking.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UAL 1K
Lightbulb Sleep Master

Hi Folks,

I used this thread when I was researching a new sleep mask. I have been using the new Sleep Master now for about 6 months and truly love it. i do alot of long haul and short haul, and it's awesome. Not your best fashion statement, but well worth it. I included it in a blog post on allmy favorite travel hacks...basically it comes down to having POWER and beng able to SLEEP:

http://johnee99.blogspot.com/2012/12...2012-best.html

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Very nice link on travel gadgets. Now, maybe someone here could compare Sleep Master and Sleep On It.

PS. Can you really read a book on an iPhone?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I do read books and other things on my iPhone.

The My Sleep on It mask is working well for me and quality of sleep has improved greatly.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:43 am

It looks like the Sleep on It mask would have better sound muffling ability than the Sleep Master, judging by its reviews on Amazon. I may have to try the Sleep on It. Thanks, oldpenny16!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are welcome.

Originally Posted by Rusearch
It looks like the Sleep on It mask would have better sound muffling ability than the Sleep Master, judging by its reviews on Amazon. I may have to try the Sleep on It. Thanks, oldpenny16!
Be sure to use the above link to try to get the lower price and free shipping.

I'm finding that the quality of my sleep has improved whether at home or traveling. Of course this is a 'one dog study' and is my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.