Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by GiantCow
Interesting, I thought Rimowa didn't allow EU stores to ship outside the EU. Do you mind me asking how much was shipping and were you charged VAT?
There isn't a specific line item for VAT so I guess not? Shipping was ~150 euro (ridiculous, I know, but still so significantly cheaper than buying here in the US)
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:26 am

Is it cheaper to buy Rimowa in London compared to in the USA?

Tks!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
There isn't a specific line item for VAT so I guess not? Shipping was ~150 euro (ridiculous, I know, but still so significantly cheaper than buying here in the US)
Ouch that's quite a steep shipping cost.

-----------

Anyone that's bought Rimowa while in Europe, when you're leaving and trying to get your VAT refund, does the luggage have to be unused in its original packaging or can you be using it?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:41 pm

-----------

Anyone that's bought Rimowa while in Europe, when you're leaving and trying to get your VAT refund, does the luggage have to be unused in its original packaging or can you be using it?
$800 including shipping >>>> $1450 in US

Worth the shipping costs, but agreed, they're high
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver

-----------

Yes you can use it. I didn't even have to show the guy the rimowas in Austria. He just asked what we claimed and we said these 4 rimowas, I had 2 smaller rimowas inside the 2 larger ones and he was like nah I dont even need to see it.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:57 pm

Is there a cheaper shipping service that will ship Rimowa from Paris to USA? PM's appreciated as well
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Is there a cheaper shipping service that will ship Rimowa from Paris to USA? PM's appreciated as well
PM incoming.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by spizzy
PM incoming.
Would it be possible to share this service with me as well?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
150 Euro is high but it's actually reasonable due to dimensional weight. That is of course if the shipper has an poor discount.

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Is it cheaper to buy Rimowa in London compared to in the USA?

Tks!
Much cheaper!!!!!! Especially in GBPs current valuation.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Gold
Just a headsup, Kofferworld.de is giving 15% easter discount until the end of day plus an extra 5% when paying upfront/ via paypal. 34L Topas for example is 556€ including shipping to Germany/ rest of EU.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Greg0rE
Just a headsup, Kofferworld.de is giving 15% easter discount until the end of day plus an extra 5% when paying upfront/ via paypal. 34L Topas for example is 556€ including shipping to Germany/ rest of EU.
Is there a coupon code?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:03 am

Is there a coupon code?
Code is on the site, visible once you click on the product.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

-----------

The luggage does not have to be unused, but it does have to be present with you, in the event (not likely but you never know) that the customs officer wants to see it.

I have always put my new Rimowa purchased in Europe to use during my trip back.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Just some datapoints for anyone interested:

Was recently in Munich and visited a few of the Hetzenecker stores in downtown (Karlsplatz / Marienplatz / Tal). Pricing is still 10% off retail plus additional 10% if you pay in cash. Selection can be a little hit and miss. All 3 stores did not have the particular model I wanted but had a decent selection of the most popular items (e.g. Topas in cabin) so if you are not too picky or choosy - unlike myself - you will be able to purchase something.

In the end I picked up a Lufthansa version from the Worldshop at Munich Airport. No discount but is more unique.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by elleana
Just some datapoints for anyone interested:

Was recently in Munich and visited a few of the Hetzenecker stores in downtown (Karlsplatz / Marienplatz / Tal). Pricing is still 10% off retail plus additional 10% if you pay in cash. Selection can be a little hit and miss. All 3 stores did not have the particular model I wanted but had a decent selection of the most popular items (e.g. Topas in cabin) so if you are not too picky or choosy - unlike myself - you will be able to purchase something.

In the end I picked up a Lufthansa version from the Worldshop at Munich Airport. No discount but is more unique.
20% off the already low prices (compared to USA) is a great deal if they have what you want!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.