Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
I feel rımowa ıs overly prıced.
Im not crazy about theır wheels mechanısms.
I love my case - photo ın my profıle.
I really hope you're not the one that's driving the Panamera and trying to tell me an Rimowa is overpriced........

Last edited by TennisNoob; Jan 19, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I really hope you're not the one that's driving the Panamera and trying to tell me an Rimowa is overpriced........
Touche

Last edited by mevr; Jan 19, 2017 at 2:41 pm
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:35 am

Just recently purchased the topas stealth 26" for my travels back in December and I'm in love so far (despite the quick damages). Any tips for any EU stores still willing to ship to the USA would be great.

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by jack022399k
bought from Weber before, even asked me to contact him for subsequent purchase, but haven't seen his reply since December. Don't think he can reply to me anymore since i'm a buyer outside EU.
Ya, it is strange. I bought carry on Topaz from him just before new year and now I want to get check-in size luggage but no reply from him. I know he can't ship outside of EU but he still can sell or ship within EU or at least in France right.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:36 am

As a data point:
Got a Rimowa Topas Cabin in Valencia Spain today at
El Corte Inglés Avda. de Francia
650e

Last edited by skelm; Jan 24, 2017 at 7:57 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mevr
The best deal is buying online from German/French websites (you'll find the links in this thread) as they offer discounts up to 15%. VAT is refunded when leaving the EU.

The alternative is buying in the UK, but in store purchases are highly unlikely to have any discount so you'd only get the VAT back.
Selfridges has excellent service and a large range of rimowas for sale. Very easy process for the documentation of VAT refund. I would do more shopping there, consolidate the receipts and do the documentation for all the receipts at one shot. This also increases the ant of VAT you can claim back in total (correct me if I am wrong) as the admin fee applied to smaller amt is a greater percentage than a higher amt.

Buying in EU is def cheaper than buying in the UK but the UK is still cheaper than elsewhere
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by Einda
Ya, it is strange. I bought carry on Topaz from him just before new year and now I want to get check-in size luggage but no reply from him. I know he can't ship outside of EU but he still can sell or ship within EU or at least in France right.
I would try to contact him again. A few days ago, he replied to my latest inquiry within 24 hours (I used the contact form on the website). I asked him about VAT refund for a delivery to an address in France and he was very clear and helpful.

I shall have my first Rimowa by the beginning of next week.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Enthilza
I would try to contact him again. A few days ago, he replied to my latest inquiry within 24 hours (I used the contact form on the website). I asked him about VAT refund for a delivery to an address in France and he was very clear and helpful.

I shall have my first Rimowa by the beginning of next week.
Thanks for the info. I will try to send email again.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I'm addicted. After my first trip with my two 29" salsa deluxes I just bought the 21" hybrid carry on today.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I'm addicted. After my first trip with my two 29" salsa deluxes I just bought the 21" hybrid carry on today.
I am about to pull the trigger on the 55 cm (21.6 inches I believe) Salsa Deluxe Hybrid. In yacht blue.

It seems to be $725 in US. What are people seeing in Europe? Around 600 Euro?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
I am about to pull the trigger on the 55 cm (21.6 inches I believe) Salsa Deluxe Hybrid. In yacht blue.

I bought mine from the US. $725. It's a really nice bag. I haven't traveled with it yet, but I packed it the other day just to see how it would work. I am happy.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I bought mine from the US. $725. It's a really nice bag. I haven't traveled with it yet, but I packed it the other day just to see how it would work. I am happy.
Beautiful. You didn't pay taxes?
What are people seeing for it in Europe? Esp UK should be good
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:03 pm

Beautiful. You didn't pay taxes?
What are people seeing for it in Europe? Esp UK should be good
725 before tax.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:17 pm

My Mandarina Duck Weekender started to dissolve so i started researching the perfect carryon which i found in the Rimowa Bolero Cabin 37l. Cost me around 400 USD (377Eur) minus all vouchers and sans tax on Koffer-Direkt. Shipment within Europe.

Haven’t found much info about it here: with the easy accessible compartments on the front it is the perfect fit for me. I’m in love with my first Rimowa purchase.

Just shopped for the next family member - the the Salsa matte black with eTag 86,5l for 400 USD sans tax minus all vouchers on kofferprofi.de.

Originally i was on the lookout for the Salsa Deluxe because of the add-a-bag strap but got sold on the matte-black with Flex-Divider / Net Combination.

Looking forward to receiving it in the next few days.

Last edited by ctrlf; Feb 25, 2017 at 1:41 am
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:54 pm

Different bag, so I'm not sure if you care about this data point, but I just (20 minutes ago) ordered a Topas Cabin (also 55cm) for 619 EUR/653 USD, including the surprisingly high shipping charge of 150 EUR. It did include a 10% discount using a promo code, but I'd guess the in-store cost would have been around $550.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.