Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sony RX-100 Mk IIi or Alpha 6000B?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by osamede
I would say never mind available light situations. A good phone camera can do a decent job in those conditions. I'd get the smallest camera that still gives you good photos in low light.
There really is no comparison between a pocket camera with a decent zoom lens and a phone. The latter can produce some nice images but is still severely limited by sensor size, fixed lens and no control over things like shutter time and aperture....
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:36 pm

Finally received my rx100m3 today. Haven't had a chance to test it out a lot, but it looks like everything is functional and in passable condition! Time to go plane-sighting
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Finally received my rx100m3 today. Haven't had a chance to test it out a lot, but it looks like everything is functional and in passable condition! Time to go plane-sighting
Nice! Enjoy.

I just bought my wife the RX100 V since I couldn't pass up on the deal (around $800 new from Adorama after some Amex promotions).
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by el aye
Nice! Enjoy.

I just bought my wife the RX100 V since I couldn't pass up on the deal (around $800 new from Adorama after some Amex promotions).
Thanks! I hope your wife enjoys her new camera as well. That's a great deal! I definitely recommend a screen protector. Either the screen or the coating is very easily scratched :/
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Thanks! I hope your wife enjoys her new camera as well. That's a great deal! I definitely recommend a screen protector. Either the screen or the coating is very easily scratched :/
Good tip, will do (and I generally don't buy screen protectors).

Only thing my wife doesn't like about it is that there is no touch screen. I imagine they are saving that for Mk VI (planned obsolescence and all).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.