Wiki Posts
Search

Selfie Cameras

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Selfie Cameras

Any really outstanding cameras for selfies that also can take some outstanding regular photos from distance?

Anyone who replies with a smartphone will go on my blocked list
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What about a camera makes it good for selfies to you??
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
What about a camera makes it good for selfies to you??
High Quality Res, Large Image Sensors, Advanced Image Processors. Also I can never seem to get a camera that is awesome at night so that's 1 quality I want.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:03 pm

Generally a camera with those features is going to be larger and heavier which makes taking a photo of yourself much harder. Good luck.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
... Good luck.
+1. @:-)
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Generally a camera with those features is going to be larger and heavier which makes taking a photo of yourself much harder. Good luck.
What about those stands that I see people holding? It's like a pop out and then they can extend it to take an awesome selfie. Familiar with those?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:01 am

I just started using my RX100m3 for selfies and it works great! You can flip the screen all the way up and the display will rotate accordingly so that you can see the preview. Then use the smile shutter so you can adjust until you like the picture and then smile! With smile shutter, you can also get full extension in the arm
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
I just started using my RX100m3 for selfies and it works great! You can flip the screen all the way up and the display will rotate accordingly so that you can see the preview. Then use the smile shutter so you can adjust until you like the picture and then smile! With smile shutter, you can also get full extension in the arm
Saw that one, reviews are outstanding.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
What about those stands that I see people holding? It's like a pop out and then they can extend it to take an awesome selfie. Familiar with those?
Pretty sure you're describing a "Selfie Stick" and I've seen plenty of them. I do not believe any are designed for "real" cameras versus phone/tablets and you made it clear that you didn't want that as an option.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon recently where Dilbert invented a flying car. No one cared until he equipped it with a built-in camera so you could take selfies while flying/driving. Suddenly everyone wanted one!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
Reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon recently where Dilbert invented a flying car. No one cared until he equipped it with a built-in camera so you could take selfies while flying/driving. Suddenly everyone wanted one!
If you're a solo traveler, it's kind of hard to take photos of yourself without a top quality selfie cam. I'm not going to harass everyone near me to take a pic of me.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
My best selfies are accidental with my GoPro. Generally when I'm trying to mount it and check the FOV through my phone, I inadvertently snap a few pics.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:25 am

I use selfie stick. It works great!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IamHungry
I use selfie stick. It works great!
Does the selfie stick fit any cam?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Does the selfie stick fit any cam?
It fits most smart phones and camera that has a little screw hole underneath. Just google it on amazon. There are so many kinds. Some even come with a bluetooth remote since iPhone does not have a timer on camera.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.