Wiki Posts
Search

The Last Big Bird

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, DL Amex, Diners, HHonors, United
The Last Big Bird

Hi Folks. As an aircraft/air travel enthusiast and fine-art photographer, I was fortunate to photograph the last of ANA's Boeing 747 aircraft delivered for disassembly in Tupelo, MS. If anyone's interested to see the photographs, please follow the link below, click on "Enter Site", and then choose "Recent Work" from the menu. The portfolio is called "The Last Big Bird". Please feel free to explore the other portfolios, there is a lot that would be of interest to this group. Enjoy!

http://www.srmphoto.com/
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Nice shots!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:35 pm

I remember the first one I saw in Hawaii June 1971. Used to live near MSP airport, on the flight path. The long hauls took forever to climb, especially compared to the 757.

Thank you for the great pics.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Beautiful work. I visited the Roswell International graveyard in New Mexico earlier this year -- my wife and I took a surreptitious perimeter tour -- and saw many graceful old birds in this condition (including several Saudia 747s). Would have loved to photograph them up close, but could not have created the poetry you've come up with here. You capture the plane's sad state exactly -- it's elegiac. Many thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:13 am

Cool captures, Sayeed!

Love the messages on the fuselage especially, nicely adds the human element.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:28 am

Indeed they look great!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, DL Amex, Diners, HHonors, United
Thank you so much for your kind words! I had the choice of photographing a bunch of other aircrafts, but was immediately drawn to this one. I was very fortunate to have this opportunity.

Sayeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.