Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Photography
Reload this Page >

Nikon 1- should I buy additional lenses?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, My mom has offered me her VERY gently used Nikon 1 (as in she used it for 2 days on a trip and then deemed it 'too heavy'). I see that there are additional lenses I could purchase for it as well.

Does anyone recommend this camera? I currently have a Canon G12 and a Canon Rebel with a long range, macro and 'normal' lens, but this seems like it could be a combo of the two?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FoggyBridges
Hi all, My mom has offered me her VERY gently used Nikon 1 (as in she used it for 2 days on a trip and then deemed it 'too heavy'). I see that there are additional lenses I could purchase for it as well.

Does anyone recommend this camera? I currently have a Canon G12 and a Canon Rebel with a long range, macro and 'normal' lens, but this seems like it could be a combo of the two?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Which Nikon 1 camera do you have? There are several different ones. Also, what lens do you currently have? I am guessing you already have either the J1, J2, or J3, with a 10-30mm lens, or an S1 or S2 with an 11-27mm lens.

If that's the case, probably the most worthwhile lens you can buy is the telephoto zoom, which goes from 30mm to 110mm. This lens is excellent quality and reasonably priced as well.

Another lens you could think about would be the 18.5mm f1.8 lens - this lens is most useful if you want to take pictures in poor lighting without using flash. But it depends upon what you normally take pictures of and what you are trying to accomplish with the camera.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.