Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa - pet in cabin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa - pet in cabin

Hi everyone,

Hopefully one of you experienced pet travellers can advise me on this.

Flying from Frankfurt, Germany to Helsinki, Finland on Lufthansa. We get to Frankfurt using Air Canada, no problem with the pet there.

Now this is where it gets frustrating.

The carry on baggage limits is 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. The dog is a bichon, weighs 4.5kg, well under the limit, and he is much shorter lengthwise and widthwise than 55cm x 40cm.

Lying down, he is like 10cm high, standing up, he is close to 30cm to the top of his head, 20cm to top of his back.

The dumb phone agents just keep parroting the measurements, but what is that, standing, sitting, doing somersaults?

Anyways, he will be in a soft kennel, which can squish down (Sherba).

If we get to Frankfurt, and they start complaining, what will happen. Will they offer a hard kennel and put him to the hold (we are already in the secured area of the airport), can I buy an extra ticket for him (my goodness!), or will they refuse us boarding altogether and we are screwed?

He would be my only carry on, and I will not be taking any personal items.

Many Thanks for any "insights".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.