Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dog From LHR to DFW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Dog From LHR to DFW

Has anyone flown with their dog out of LHR? Where do I check him in? I am flying with American Airlines. Is there anything special I need to know? Thank you!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Szumbahlen10
Has anyone flown with their dog out of LHR? Where do I check him in? I am flying with American Airlines. Is there anything special I need to know? Thank you!
Yes, done that a few times, and no, there's nothing special about flying out of LHR - it's the exact same procedure with AA than at any other airport. The usual policies apply (health cert, temperature restrictions...).
I presume this is for travel in the hold as checked baggage ('AVIH') - AA does not allow in-cabin travel on transatlantic flights except for service animals. You check him in at the regular check-in counters in T3 - this is one thing where access to the Flagship check-in is helpful.
There's no pet relief areas at LHR, and the area around T3 is a concrete wasteland. I`d check him in (paperwork and all) as early as possible and then take him for a walk elsewhere (suggestion: take the tube to Hatton Cross and let him run in the fields south of Hatton Road) from which I'd return about 70-80 minutes prior to departure to send him off to the plane.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Oh right thank you! I haven't flow with a dog before so I'm abit nervous and unsure but thank you for the help!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 12:40 pm

What did you do in the end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.