Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

First and Business Class with my dog

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:39 am
Original Poster

My dog fits perfectly in a Sherpa bag. My concern is that most of the new first and business class seats do no have a space under the seats for luggage/pets. Does anyone have any experience with this? Particularly on Air France which I understand is pet friendly.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:14 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Some airlines are no longer allowing pets in First/Business for international flights. Best to check with the airline.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
AF, AA, LH and LX are airlines I know who accept pets in business class.
At LX, I've seen a FA moving a pet carrier under an economy seat during takeoff and landing. AA, might ask you to stow them in the closet for takeoff and landing. The seats on the AA 777-300s has room under the foot ottoman where they're pretty out of the way.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Delta says no on BE

Delta crew says no on Business Elite.

just came back from Europe on Delta Business Elite. Husband and wife couple, with small dog , ticketed in BE , were split up. Momma sat in BE alone, Papa and the dog were seated in economy.

On previous flight we asked crew the policy. They said dog had to move to economy during take off and landing. different answer. What do they do if economy is full?

We'd like to take our pooch to France next year and stay longer. So, we remain interested.

Also wondering about "emotional support animals" they are not required to go under the seat. They can remain on their owners lap during take off and landing.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Air France
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The irony of this policy where carryon pets are barred from the front cabin is that many affulent people who are the ones that do purchase these F seats like to travel with their little guys. Airlines are driving them away as they seek alternative choices for their travel plans.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
The irony of this policy where carryon pets are barred from the front cabin is that many affulent people who are the ones that do purchase these F seats like to travel with their little guys. Airlines are driving them away as they seek alternative choices for their travel plans.
I do not believe that is accurate. The problem is with the newer first and business seats, there is no under seat area to store the bag. It needs to be stored for take off and landing just like a carry on.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by speedbird001
I do not believe that is accurate. The problem is with the newer first and business seats, there is no under seat area to store the bag. It needs to be stored for take off and landing just like a carry on.
I have flown in DL's B/E cabin and there is an AVOD box on the floor under the seat but there is still plenty of room to place a Sherpa type carryon bag. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.