Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Can 1 Person Fly With Both a Dog and Cat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

My sister would like to fly from KC to NYC with a dog and a cat. Is there any way to do this on one ticket? Or does she need someone else to fly with her?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:08 pm

If they're small enough to fly in cabin she'll need someone to fly with her, one carrier per person. Can she do the cat in cabin and the dog in cargo? Assuming the cat is smaller
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
If they're small enough to fly in cabin she'll need someone to fly with her, one carrier per person. Can she do the cat in cabin and the dog in cargo? Assuming the cat is smaller
So for both pets to be in the cabin she needs another person? If she's willing to check one pet she could take both with her on one ticket?

Is there any airline that would be better for her situation?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:55 pm

The pet charge is separate from her ticket so she will pay for each pet. In cabin varies but estimate $100 per pet each way. Not sure how much it is in cargo. Also, with cargo some breeds aren't allowed that are prone to respiratory issues like pugs and persians and some airlines have outside temperature restrictions. Check out the sticky in this section, its a wealth of information!
Just looked at the sticky, looks like cargo averages $175.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Check out the sticky in this section, its a wealth of information!

The sticky contains information concerning carryon and checked/cargo pet charges and restrictions for most of the major carriers. However from time to time they do change so please feel free to alert me when this happens so I can update the charges and rules.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:58 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I can't comment about traveling in the US, but when I travelled in Europe with my 2 cats, I was only allowed one cat with me in the cabin and one in the hold (except when the airline messed up and asked me to take them both in one carrier in the cabin). Also, if there is a dog on the flight, they do not allow cats and dogs to mix - so if there is a dog in the hold, they won't allow cats in the hold and if there is a dog in the cabin, then no cats in the cabin. No intermingling of species, I guess. Weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.