Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Has anyone flown on Southwest with a pet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I have a 14lb mini poodle who I need to fly to Chicago. How are they about pet requirements? Are they very strict? How is the customer service? Any complaints?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
You will find some of your answers in the FAQ sticky thread on top of this forum.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-airlines.html

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:10 pm

I have been through every airlines policy the past few days with a fine tooth comb as I am traveling with two in one carrier. Southwest is quite pet friendly - Their rate is only about $65 while every other airline is $100 or over! They do allow fewer dogs on their planes - I think I read 4 dogs as opposed to the bigger airlines that allow 7 but with every call I made space has not been a problem. The only time you have to worry is dog show season which Feb is Westminster in NY and I am unsure of the akc eukanuba show. Do reserve your furkid's space though! They don't let you pay until you are at the airport but they will take reservations. It seems the magic number is 20lbs (but be sure to doublecheck that). That includes the weight of the carrier so you need to be sure it is lightweight. Im going shopping for one tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.