Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Best Airports" and "Best Airports for...." thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The writer put in LHR for their Duty Free?? What about CPH? They have a nicer airport than LHR! Try connecting from T1/2/3 to T4 and you'll see what I mean!

It's people like these who write these travel articles who've never flown or travelled further than Hawaii and think they have gone to the tropics?

Where to write to complain to MSNBC?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum
Originally Posted by Telfes
Has MAD improved that much since I was last through there many years ago? It wasn't very nice back then.
this is and old article http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/madrid/

T4 it's a very nice terminal, unfortunately some terrorists decided to bomb one of the parkings
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:00 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
I can't believe JFK and LAX made the list. I'd take YVR, MCO, SFO and DFW anyday over either JFK or LAX.

GNW
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:24 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
I've never heard of ShermansTravel.com. Well I know they're unreliable.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by globetrekker84
I've never heard of ShermansTravel.com. Well I know they're unreliable.
You don't know Sherman's Travel? Their pop-up ads they used to have here on FT are the only ones my blocker can't block!

The whole "article" was an ad for Sherman's Travel, notice that there was no byline but there are two links to sign up for Sherman's email newsletter? Good to see MSNBC.com doing "real" news!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This article is totally bizarre. And qutie frankly, I never understand why people include AMS as a top airport. What is there to like about it?
Long lines at passport control
Indifferent staff
Ridiculous security that changes on a whim
Polderbann
Buses to the plane
Ridiculous...
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:44 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I do not understand how they can not put SFO as one of the top airports now that the BART goes there from downtown. The new international terminal is one of the best in the world.

ZRH should have been included here, as it is one of the world's most efficient and organized airports, as is to be expected from the Swiss. The shopping and lounges are great, and connections are excellent as well. You will often get off the plane, and your bags will be offloaded from the conveyor belt.

LHR and LAX are in the top 10? I do not think either of them are bad airports, they just can be cumbersome either to reach or going through security or customs and making connections.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Where is CDG ??
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, NW WorldPerks, Hhonors, US Airways Divident Miles
Did anybody actually read this article before posting a reply? Of course i totally disagree with most of it, but most of the highpoints of these "Ten Best" airports seem to focus on things such as shopping and spas and celebrities...Not things the average FF is as much interested in.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Vaportrail67
Did anybody actually read this article before posting a reply? Of course i totally disagree with most of it, but most of the highpoints of these "Ten Best" airports seem to focus on things such as shopping and spas and celebrities...Not things the average FF is as much interested in.
And none of which explain YYC's high ranking on the list, as it's deficient in all of these areas. I guess bonus points were awarded to airports that feature annoying (and generally useless) greeters, hideous dinosaur displays and coca-cola monopolies.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
LHR and LAX are in the top 10? I do not think either of them are bad airports, they just can be cumbersome either to reach or going through security or customs and making connections.
They definately get my vote of being the two worst.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Airport Business: Worst and Best Airports (Priority Pass Member Survey)

http://www.airportbusiness.com/publi...1887&pageNum=1

Long story short - top three worst: LAX, LHR, CDG, in that order. Top three best: PVG, HKG, AMS, in that order.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
http://www.airportbusiness.com/publi...1887&pageNum=1

Long story short - top three worst: LAX, LHR, CDG, in that order. Top three best: PVG, HKG, AMS, in that order.
Other news sites like reuters are saying it's LHR, CDG and LAX for the bottom 3 and SIN instead of PVG for No.1
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
World's Best Airport Amenities - Beer Gardens, Golf, Museums, and Rides

I've been to many of the airports listed and plan to try the yoga room at SFO next time I'm in that terminal. I've also been to the Airbräu Biergarten in MUC many times (something the article also makes mention of).

The World’s Best Airport Amenities
Beer Gardens, Butterflies, Golf, Museums, and Rides Take Off as Airports Compete for Passengers
Most people think of airports as places to depart from and arrive on flights at, but that view may prove to be somewhat outdated.

Airport operators around the world, recognizing that people are traveling longer distances and often spending hours waiting for connections, wish to entice travelers to use their airport for that connection.

I started writing this article sitting outdoors in a beer garden in Munich, one that happens to be located in Munich Airport, the Airbräu. I’m not aware of any other in-airport beer garden so that led me to think about about other unusual venues in airports across the world....

<SNIP>

(The article is from Frequent Business Traveler and, as many here know, I am affiliated with the publication.)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when are these things going to start mentioning VIP/VVIP services? (available for commercial flights for a fee)

everyone wants less stress (like air travel used to be) and not everyone wants certain really specific 'amenities'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.