Wiki Posts
Search

Two Planes Crash Into World Trade Center

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2001, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
UA just announced one of the flights just went down on ABC 7 in DC

Also they are saying that AA information line is 800 245 0999 for those with loved ones on it.

Sorry if a duplicate post but at this point in life, does it really matter

Old Sep 11, 2001, 10:17 am

As I watched the initial news footage the second plane crashed, what a horror to see. My prayers are with the families and victims of this tragic event.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 10:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
UA has a message posted from Goodwin on the front page of ual.com before you get to the home page. Also, up to date press releases on a special link there.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 10:23 am

This is unreal. I was on my way to the ciy on an express bus and was taking a nap. Apparently people in the bus witnessed the second plane crash and the lady sat next to me burst into tears as her son work on the 97th floor of the building.

All the bridges, tunnels and subway are now shut down. I left the Rockerfeller Center office and now in my other office on the east side, which is very low profile.

Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I am writing from the Hyatt in Belgrade where the eerie remains of our bombs are right out the window. My son travels to the east on business and I have no idea where he is. NATO headquarters in Brussels have been evacuated and a delegation due here from France has just been cancelled. Our embassies in Bucharest and Sofia were evacuated over the last weekend as it is. I am very fearful that the tragedy is not over. My husband and I hope to rejoin our family in CA next week. I am overwhelmed with sadness and grief as we all are.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Dear friends,

I am just about to rip up the sermon I have written for Rosh Hashanah morning. I realize how trivial so much of what we do in life is.

My prayers are with the world, prayers for peace and wholeness.

L'shana Tova T'kaveivu

Rabbi Zach Shapiro
SPN Lifer and Mr. Vker like this.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, WOH, Bonvoy
I think its time to give Isreal the blank check. Its a zero sum game there and I'd rather deal with the Israelis than the scum who profess to serve their "god" by murdering innocent people.

Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, WOH, Bonvoy
I think its time to give Isreal the blank check. Its a zero sum game there and I'd rather deal with the Israelis than the scum who profess to serve their "god" by murdering innocent people.

Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:53 am

Surely Israel has had a blank check from the USA for a few decades? I do not feel ASSUMING the religion or nationality of who is behind this is wise or fair. No one has claimed responsibility have they? You can rest assured they will be actively sought, but let due process take part in that, not lynch mobs or wild guesses.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 11:58 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by se94583:

</font>
Getting involved in other people's problems is exactly why we (the US) are a target. Getting more involved (money or otherwise) just makes it worse. IMHO.

Old Sep 11, 2001, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you haven't already done so, please make a simple "Here" post to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/001354.html

...just to let your FlyerTalk friends know that you are OK.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dup.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old Sep 11, 2001, 12:06 pm

Reported that AA plane crashed into Pentagon and 1 each AA and UA into WTC. Colleague reported seeing fire at Pentagon from his federal office building in DC prior to evacuation orders. PIT UA plane reported as hijacked by pax on cell phone prior to crash.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb. The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
- Nostradamus 1654</font>
[This message has been edited by tfung (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old Sep 11, 2001, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Youth organisations are gathering on the central square in Copenhagen to show their support for the American people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.