Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

CBC: 'You can't do this to us': Fuming passengers stuck on planes for hours call 911

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CBC: 'You can't do this to us': Fuming passengers stuck on planes for hours call 911

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

Passengers on two Air Transat flights were stuck on planes at the Ottawa airport for hours on Monday after being diverted due to stormy weather, and at least two of them called 911.

Air Transat Flight 157 from Brussels was scheduled to arrive in Montreal at 3:15 p.m. ET Monday, but was diverted to Ottawa after circling east of Montreal due to thunderstorms.

The flight landed at the Ottawa airport just after 5 p.m. ET, after more than eight hours of flying time.

It then sat on the tarmac for six hours and passengers weren't allowed to get off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...elay-1.4230048
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:13 pm

I had to sit on a plane for over 3 hours without A/C when my daughters were about 5 & 6 yrs old. It was a nightmare experience to say the least. I can't even imagine 6 hours. We finally arrived at the cruise line and had to deal with them being furious with us. They didn't even pass out water and I don't think we were allowed to use the restroom (not easy with young kids). I feel empathy for those passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.