Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CNN: Best and worst passports

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm curious which country allows easier entry to German passport users than to Swedish passport users.
Mongolia. Last year they allowed temporary visa-free entry for a number of nationalities, but now it's only available for Germany and US.
Old May 11, 2016, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Myyra
Mongolia. Last year they allowed temporary visa-free entry for a number of nationalities, but now it's only available for Germany and US.
Thanks. That indeed is it.
Old May 11, 2016, 3:41 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Does that have anything to do with Miat's flat to Germany?
Old May 12, 2016, 6:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Does that have anything to do with Miat's flat to Germany?
Berlin and Frankfurt have been the only airports in the EU to which Mongolia's flag carrier (Aeroflot's baby) has had flights in recent years. Germany is Mongolia's leading trade partner in the EU in terms of money. And German engineers (particularly East German engineers) had a big historical connection with Mongolia.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The Mongolia embassy USA website shows 19 countries whose ordinary passport holders can enter Mongolia visa-free. The UK one shows 22.

http://mongolianembassy.us/visafreec.../#.Vz0KEUeDO08
http://embassyofmongolia.co.uk/?p=201

Interesting that Germany is the *only* Western European country on the lists.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
Originally Posted by tai4de2
The Mongolia embassy USA website shows 19 countries whose ordinary passport holders can enter Mongolia visa-free. The UK one shows 22.

http://mongolianembassy.us/visafreec.../#.Vz0KEUeDO08
http://embassyofmongolia.co.uk/?p=201

Interesting that Germany is the *only* Western European country on the lists.
You're right, there are other visa exempt nationalities. I was thinking only of EU countries and recalled that USA has been visa free for some time.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: MP
Wow. My country is pretty far down the list :'(
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Frankly, this list is meaningless to me. "Best passport", IMO, is when you are in a foreign country and are in danger, your country can extract you just in time.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by :D!
These rankings are completely meaningless since the vast majority of people will never holiday in all these countries. And even if you're an "every country" geek like some FTers, you're more likely to just get a visa than a new citizenship..
I wouldn't agree with that at all, the Australian passport is in the 'top 10' and 3 of the countries in the top 10 most visited destinations for Australians (including the second most popular destination) required a visa to visit. That would make it very common indeed. This year I've had to get visas for Cambodia and Myanmar, and would have needed one for Vietnam if I didn't have a ABTC, and I certainly wouldn't call any of those destinations obscure or the domain of 'every country' geeks.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
I once met a Singaporean who was also an Australian national. Over several beers (told you he was an Ozzie) we figured out that thus armed, he could pretty much enter any country he wanted visa-free.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by :D!
These rankings are completely meaningless since the vast majority of people will never holiday in all these countries. And even if you're an "every country" geek like some FTers, you're more likely to just get a visa than a new citizenship.
What is the maximum number of citizenships (of full-fledged UN member states) that an adult can legally acquire within say a 5-7 year period?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What is the maximum number of citizenships (of full-fledged UN member states) that an adult can legally acquire within say a 5-7 year period?
That would be a very difficult number to tally. You'd have to examine each UN member state's naturalization rules, which are going to vary dramatically on residency and/or physical presence rules. Also, assuming you have enough money, there are several countries that would grant you citizenship based on a monetary investment, so that combined with naturalization, I would imagine it would be quite a few in a 5-7 year period.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well I am happy with my British Passport and US Green Card - gets me wherever I will ever want to go visa free. China would be business and my company would get me one of those. ^
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Unfortunately, Germany requires you to renounce other passport to get a DE one.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:50 am

Which countries have the coolest visa stamps?

I got a great stamp recently in Mauritius.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.