Wiki Posts
Search

$4 Billion Plan for LaGuardia Calls for New Single Terminal Building

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
$4 Billion Plan for LaGuardia Calls for New Single Terminal Building

All I can say is, it's about time and this sounds realistic altho optimistic in terms of timeframe:

New $4 Billion Plan for LaGuardia Calls for New Single Terminal Building
New York’s LaGuardia Airport will get more than a makeover, based on a plan announced by Governor Andrew Cuomo Monday.

The $4 billion plan calls for demolishing the existing terminals and building one massive new terminal the length of two football fields approximately 600 feet (183 meters) closer to the Grand Central Parkway. The relocation will give the airport badly needed space for flight operations and taxiways...

<SNIP>
Above appeared in FBT where I serve as ed.dir.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:40 pm

so there are two parking garages under construction right now. one nearly finished, one in an earlier stage. there is not 600 ft of space between these new structures and the old terminals.

????

look...

https://goo.gl/maps/vR1Tq
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Let's follow in the already extant LGA thread in the NYC forum, with discussion of this news beginning with this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25180606-post68.html

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.