Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
CNN: ATL still the busiest passenger airport in the world

ATL again:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/travel...html?hpt=hp_c2

I still can't wrap my head around that one.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
CNN has run out of stories so they keep recycling the same stuff. This article is a year old. CNN needs to stop laying off it's reporters if it wants to come back to the top.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
The date of the link and the source article from ACI are just a few days old.

Last edited by UA Fan; Sep 18, 2014 at 10:23 am
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:21 am

OLD news! CNN has become tired and lazy in their reporting. Does anyone still watch their recycled news these days?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by usafwso
OLD news! CNN has become tired and lazy in their reporting. Does anyone still watch their recycled news these days?
Only people stuck at airports!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: UA million miler
Atlantan's and CNN love to talk about their busy airport, Peachtree this, Coca Cola that and Turner the other.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is having an insanely-busy airport something to be proud of? In ATL's case, my mind immediately goes to thousands of RJ's scurrying all over the place.

A more general question: do Atlantans like Delta? DL has more fortress hubs than either UA or AA do - in part because UA and AA share ORD and therefore tend to play nice with Chicagoans. My friends who have spent time in Cincinnati or Detroit grew to hate DL over time because of monopolistic practices.

I know ATL also has a lot of WN, but is that enough to force DL to play nice?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Lifetime Plat (now Marriott Lifetime Titanium), Avis President's Club
I live in Atlanta and hate Delta. I fly every week and connect rather than take a direct flight b/c Delta is rubbish
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by seanc724
I live in Atlanta and hate Delta. I fly every week and connect rather than take a direct flight b/c Delta is rubbish
My experience is the opposite. I live here for years now, and most people I talk to like DL alot. Friendly FA's, a huge amount of direct flights, and even though the airport is huge is has a good layout and works well, and it doesnt feel like such a huge airport. 5 Parallel runways and one of the few airports in the world to be able to handle 3 sim landings/takeoffs. Downtown is a 10 min drive. Less weather delay than the northern airports. Its not perfect, but its really not bad.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by seanc724
So...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I used to fly Delta a lot, and really liked the Atlanta airport. Efficient for connections, and easy to find the gates. Unlike, say, Minneapolis where the layout is confusing. Huge detractor of the Skymiles program, but like their hard product and FAs. I'd much rather connect in ATL than say ORD.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Is having an insanely-busy airport something to be proud of? In ATL's case, my mind immediately goes to thousands of RJ's scurrying all over the place.
Exactly. None of that appeals to the airplane nerd in me. FRA on the other hand...
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by sriegert
Exactly. None of that appeals to the airplane nerd in me. FRA on the other hand...
Cant stand that airport. Its been a building block for over a decade now, and I still have to bus out to a/c half of the time.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by caljn
Atlantan's and CNN love to talk about their busy airport, Peachtree this, Coca Cola that and Turner the other.
don't forget TV show "Family Feud." At the end of show, there's a "Made in Georgia" jingle.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
ATL is a lot better than ORD or MIA. I will do almost anything to avoid MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.