Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Daily Mail:Passengers avoid $130 chg. for excess luggage by WEARING all their clothes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daily Mail:Passengers avoid $130 chg. for excess luggage by WEARING all their clothes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The technique of wearing several "extra" layers of clothing is commonly used by Cuban-Americans departing on charter flights to visit their relatives in Cuba - the extra clothing is immediately removed upon arrival and given to their family members.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by SanFranDan
Both passengers were checked in to fly from Singapore to Sydney on Scoot airline

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...#ixzz3ABop2iSj
Was this joey from friends??
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
Sounds like a good way to save $50 on bags while risking thousands of $ worth of equipment by letting it slide around in the overheads with carry on luggage.
haha ^
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
commando?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:59 am

Didn't something like this happened a few years ago? I thought there was news about someone wearing 70 pieces of clothing to fly.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Good lord, how much did these guys pack?! They're both wearing multiple hats and two jackets. How much outerwear do you need for a holiday? How long was their holiday? Geez.

Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Could they BE wearing any more clothes?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: TrueBlue
My daughter did this on Ryanair when she was doing a semester in London. I have a windbreaker jacket and vest with, combined, over 30 pockets that I use so that I can take off ONE thing at security instead of having to fish through pockets for everything that needs to go in the bins. I never had to "make weight" until coming home from Norway last week (first time on long haul Norwegian Air) and my pockets came in handy.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Originally Posted by djplong
My daughter did this on Ryanair when she was doing a semester in London. I have a windbreaker jacket and vest with, combined, over 30 pockets that I use so that I can take off ONE thing at security instead of having to fish through pockets for everything that needs to go in the bins. I never had to "make weight" until coming home from Norway last week (first time on long haul Norwegian Air) and my pockets came in handy.
I also did the same with Ryanair. Before going through security, my friend and I would unpack everything we had from our bags and put them on. In flight, we would surreptitiously make our bags heavy again.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:11 am

I am surprised that no one has made a Trench Coat Garment Bag yet. You could easier store 3 to 5 days worth of clothing inside the coat. Make it weatherproof and it could double up as a rain/snow coat.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Need
I am surprised that no one has made a Trench Coat Garment Bag yet. You could easier store 3 to 5 days worth of clothing inside the coat. Make it weatherproof and it could double up as a rain/snow coat.
Actually, there are a number of such ludicrous products on the market. Here is an article reviewing some of them:
http://www.skyscanner.net/news/best-...aggage-charges
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by WillCAD
Actually, there are a number of such ludicrous products on the market. Here is an article reviewing some of them:
http://www.skyscanner.net/news/best-...aggage-charges
Oh wow they all look kind of goofy except for the Stuffa jacket.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Oh wow they all look kind of goofy except for the Stuffa jacket.
Hence my use of the term 'ludicrous.'
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
OK, I'll bite: why a frying pan? Minie balls or something I could see, but a cast iron skillet? Do you have to use it to make authentic hardtack or something?

Dutch oven.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.