Wiki Posts
Search

World Cup Final Sets Airline Viewing Record

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
World Cup Final Sets Airline Viewing Record

About 40,000 passengers of 9 different airlines were able to watch the final World Cup match in real-time in-flight on nearly 200 different jets. They were also able to (unknowingly) take part in setting a new record.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...airline-718608
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Interesting...and cool stat.

Of course, the exact date of the World Cup final is known months in advance, so if someone was really set on watching it, you probably wouldn't leave it to chance that your flight would have this technology!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Interesting...and cool stat.

Of course, the exact date of the World Cup final is known months in advance, so if someone was really set on watching it, you probably wouldn't leave it to chance that your flight would have this technology!
I've missed at least two finals, despite knowing the dates well in advance. Sometimes life throws you a wobbly, and instead of being where you want to be at a given time, you end up going somewhere at just the 'right' time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.