Wiki Posts
Search

Changing trends in the Hotel/Lodging Market

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Changing trends in the Hotel/Lodging Market

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancis...nt?oid=2814385

"Private elevators, personal shopping assistants, six-bedroom suites with their own postal codes. Even helipads. This is what the super-rich have come to expect from hotels.

For others, vacation now means renting someone's apartment, a spare room, maybe just a couch -- anything to save on the cost of a hotel.

As the gap between the wealthiest travelers and everyone else has widened, so has the way people are experiencing vacations. The wealthy are looking for ever-more pampering. Many others are seeking new ways to economize.

And the lodging industry is adapting -- at the high and low ends -- to meet the diverging needs"

"The idea is to draw travelers who feel priced out of full-service hotels. People can still say, "I'm staying at the Marriott," even if it's the Fairfield Inn, says Bjorn Hanson, dean of New York University's hospitality school."

People brag about this?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no mention of big chain hotels being overpriced and thats a reason for private rentals?

private rentals can also include experiential, which continues to be a buzz word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.