Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
CNBC Article on "Boosting Your Airline Miles"

Below is a remarkable article that mentions the favorite topics of Flyer Talk:

1. Mileage Runs
2. Churning credit cards
3. Buying miles -- not a FT favorite and the article should say that this method is not cost effective unless one is just a little short of a redemption goal.
4. Normal spend on airline credit cards -- kind of obvious
5. Mgf Spending -- Gives an accurate account of the basic idea without using the phrase "Mgf Spending".
6. Airline shopping malls -- This is a dumb idea as described in the article. I gave up on airline malls because of 1. Non-competitive prices, 2. Inability to use other coupons or discount codes, and 3. Miles not awarded.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101588916

Last edited by Bowgie; Apr 19, 2014 at 2:58 pm Reason: Personal observations on airline shopping malls
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I'm pretty sure the write did some "research" on FlyerTalk and then published her article.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alphaod
I'm pretty sure the write did some "research" on FlyerTalk and then published her article.
I was kind of thinking that just by the heading... A story about how to read Flyertalk. Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.