Airline Tarmac Delays Drop to 3 From 268 in June, U.S. Says

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Tarmac Delays Drop to 3 From 268 in June, U.S. Says

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Smile Airline Tarmac Delays Drop to 3 From 268 in June, U.S. Says

So much for the airlines' claim that the new 3 hour law would cause massive cancellations and chaos...

...Airline flights stuck on tarmacs for more than three hours fell to three in June, the second month of a rule that fines carriers for such delays, from 268 a year ago, according to a U.S. report. Cancellations were unchanged. (emphasis mine) ...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ter-fines.html

We'll have to see what happens over the course of a full year, but this law has had a tremendous positive impact thus far. Score one for the good guys.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean the airlines actually lied to us?

MisterNice
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I notice this report is not getting the same type of press as the 'study' from a company that does a lot of business with the airline industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.