Wiki Posts
Search

Tibet to be location of highest airport in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Tibet to be location of highest airport in the world

"China is to build the world's highest airport, at an altitude of 4,436 metres (14,500ft), in Tibet. The construction, at Nagqu, is likely to be a daunting task given the altitude and climate, with average temperatures staying below zero throughout the year.

The airport will be just 764 metres lower than the Mount Everest base camp on the Chinese side, which is located 5,200 metres above sea level."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...ighest-airport
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett
"China is to build the world's highest airport, at an altitude of 4,436 metres (14,500ft), in Tibet. The construction, at Nagqu, is likely to be a daunting task given the altitude and climate, with average temperatures staying below zero throughout the year.

The airport will be just 764 metres lower than the Mount Everest base camp on the Chinese side, which is located 5,200 metres above sea level."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...ighest-airport
They really need an airport in preparation for 2012. Like 2012 the movie . (joke)
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i remember landing at la paz.....the fa's were walking around woxy bottles while waiting for pax to board.....i noticed the decompression quite a way out before landing.....asked the 1st officer about the runway alt & he said 13,300....

it was about halfway to san jose before we got to normal cabin alt....

this was on aa dfw-lapaz-sanjose-dfw...

pax got on and sat next to me.....when i talked about the alt & how people could stand it, he said that lapaz is about 1500 ft lower so no prob...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.