The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:46 pm

Ran 4 miles today @ ~9:30 pace.

I was going to do the treadmill at the gym. When I got there, I decided it was cool enough to hit the streets. Turns out, I underestimated how warm it really was. I wanted to do 6 miles. Had to settle for 4.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
today: 18 minutes on the ARC Trainer, 2.6 miles in 45 mins on the treadmill, TRX.

Monday: something, but I can't remember.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Swam with the TNYA masters group at John Jay College here in NYC tonight. pretty big group (about 8 people per lane), but a good workout, I got in about 4200 yards.

my next swim will be the Statue of Liberty Swim on Friday
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:13 pm

3.2 miles @ 9:15 pace.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

did the Statue of Liberty Swim here in the New York harbor last night.

1200m, finished in about 19 min (there were timing issues).

But where else can you get a view like this while swimming?

Other than the mosh pit-like start conditions (I still have swollen lip), it was a great race.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:21 pm

Wow, awesome!

That split lip is going to look great in the wedding pictures.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Today: walked to the gym, 3.25 mi in 43 mins on the elliptical.
Yesterday: more elliptical, 45 mins of weights.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Total mileage for June was a little over 58 miles. Managed to work out somewhat consistently even on the road a few days each week.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:27 pm

Did my first travel bike workout this morning, here in Houston:

http://app.strava.com/rides/12821601

After driving around town yesterday, I decided that Houston is very bike un-friendly, and it would be better to go with a group. So I researched and found a group...it was about a 30 min drive to the start, but once we were going, I didn't have to think. Plus, I didn't have to work as hard either, got some nice draft

It wasn't difficult... I reserved a small SUV so I could put the bike inside (maybe $10 more over 3 days). The bike rental was $45 from Bike Barn (I got some info from posting on bikeforums.net, a sister site of Flyertalk). I did have to bring helmet (I clipped to my backpack), shoes, outfit. I really just wanted to see how tough it was, and it wasn't so bad.

It did make me appreciate biking in AZ. Not only do we have dedicated bike lanes and wide shoulders (mostly), we do have a little elevation. Or maybe flat is a good thing...

Oh, and I got in a mini-swim workout late tonight (just 1600m) at a 24 Hour Fitness near my hotel. That's one nice thing about being a part of a large national gym chain, and my 24 memberships allows me to go to nearly any location.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
Did my first travel bike workout this morning, here in Houston:
Nice!

I find a lot of places bike unfriendly I usually drive a bit out of town to ride.

luckily I haven't been traveling much and recently its been a lot of Denver....much bike friendlier than my home town And I have friends close so when I was going there a lot I just stashed a bike there. I also bought a real cheap roady and left it in Dallas when I was on a long term project there.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:53 am

After driving around town yesterday, I decided that Houston is very bike un-friendly, and it would be better to go with a group.
My impression of Houston (based on very few trips) is that it is both bike and pedestrian unfriendly to the extreme.

It did make me appreciate biking in AZ. Not only do we have dedicated bike lanes and wide shoulders (mostly), we do have a little elevation.
Same here (Boulder & environs).
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:43 pm

Did ~5k around Disneyland. I really like that run.

I had taken a bit more than a week off while in Vegas because of a tweaked hamstring. I really wanted to run the strip but the leg just didn't feel up to it. That and nighttime temps around 90 degrees made the decision not to run pretty easy. I'll do it next time.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalVol
Did ~5k around Disneyland. I really like that run.
My better half is doing the disney marathon this year....they are pretty excited about it.

I had taken a bit more than a week off while in Vegas because of a tweaked hamstring. I really wanted to run the strip but the leg just didn't feel up to it. That and nighttime temps around 90 degrees made the decision not to run pretty easy. I'll do it next time.
They did the Vegas half last year.....unorganized and actually a little chilly that night.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by annerj
My better half is doing the disney marathon this year....they are pretty excited about it.

They did the Vegas half last year.....unorganized and actually a little chilly that night.
I think I'd like to do the Disney marathon one day.

The strip is in there as a segment on Strava. I noticed it had like 40-50 people who ran it on December 4. Was that the date of the race?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I noticed it had like 40-50 people who ran it on December 4. Was that the date of the race?
Yeah that night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.