Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel fitness room etiquette question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You're supposed to wear clothes when you work out in the hotel gym? I wish someone had told me.

It certainly explains a few things...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Regarding etiquette, would you feel comfortable calling someone out for not wiping down equipment after use?

Shirtless dude regardless of manboob size > leaving equipment unwiped
I would probably say something (politely).

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by tfong007
This is truly disgusting. Lets not even talk about him being topless and just focus on all that dripping sweat. The only thing I can think of that is on par is someone who had a full serving of baked beans an hour before their workout.

This thread is hilarious.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Regarding etiquette, would you feel comfortable calling someone out for not wiping down equipment after use?

Shirtless dude regardless of manboob size > leaving equipment unwiped
Depends how tough you are J/K

It all about approach (and even then sometimes you are going to catch some flak). so I wouldn't "call someone out" but I would and have politely asked them to wipe something down if it looks like they are leaving without. I've done the same for re-racking weights, resting on a machine in a busy gym, leaving trash on the floor, and about a million other things. I've only had to get real pushy twice that I can think of off the top of my head.....makes it easier that I'm a big guy and not afraid of a butt kicking

I don't care what people are wearing (shirt or no shirt) as it just doesn't effect me. That said if you can come up with a legiti reason that it does effect you, I'd say something.

If you said something to me about my workout that didn't effect you, just be prepaired for a little push back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.