Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The cycling thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I rode with the Contender shop this morning here in SLC:
http://www.strava.com/activities/75667296

We had about 25 people, and it was probably the best, most organized, and most scenic group ride I've ever done. And I didn't get dropped
Actually for a while I somehow got ahead of the group and pulled over to wait for them (I think that's a good problem to have).

A little climbing, but certainly not as extreme as yesterday. My legs were quite angry this morning.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
I rode with the Contender shop this morning here in SLC:
http://www.strava.com/activities/75667296

How was the in town riding? Busy? Lots of lights/stops?

In the area, I've always just headed east to get away from the city to ride. Never done much riding on the valley floor.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's a start...

Limp-walked my way through the 2 long city blocks round trip & decided to try the bicycle. 10 days ago I literally got through only one revolution due to pain in knee from broken fibula & had to stop. Today it hurt a bit but I made it around the block on the bike! Not sure I could go much farther but it's a start. Need to get some air put in tires too, which should help. See the ortho on Thursday & will get his input on what I can do.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by annerj
How was the in town riding? Busy? Lots of lights/stops?

In the area, I've always just headed east to get away from the city to ride. Never done much riding on the valley floor.
There were some stoplights we got stuck at, but maybe 3-4 on the way south to Sandy (I'm guessing). On the way back we went through a bunch of neighborhoods (there's no way I could have navigated), and avoided most lights, I'm thinking we got stuck at the same number.

I'm sure I got stuck at more lights between my hotel and the shop, and on the way back

I'll have to let you know when I'm up there next, maybe you'll drive out to ride with me.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Helix Travel Bike

Interesting concept, now taking pre-orders.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:52 am

Cycling is a great way to enjoy a new city. Viewing a new place as you bike through the city is also a good way to get to know the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.