Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Airlines which allows infant (paying 10%) to collect their miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum

Hi, have any idea if there are any airlines which allows infants (paying 10%) to colect their miles?

Sorry If you posted it already, however...

Regards to all new parents!
Old May 18, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
I've moved your post into its own thread. It will get lost in the FAQ thread. Good luck!

BAMAT
Co-Moderator
Travel with Children
Old May 18, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Do you mean collect the full mileage when you are paying 10% fare for a lap child? I am not an expert in this, but I don't know of any.
Old May 19, 2008, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
There used to be a quirk with BA that allowed this but it was plugged. Basically you had to apply online retrospectively for the miles and the appropriate checks didn't seem to be in place.

Otherwise I haven't heard of any and to be honest haven't tried to claim as I don't think the kids should be entitled to them until they're actually occupying a seat.
Old May 26, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Various
At least in the past, Air New Zealand has given 10% of the miles for a 10% infant fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.